+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully Waiting View Post
    Hi guys....im rocking my newborn to sleep at the moment...shes 6 weeks and has some health issues so we have rocked her since day 1 to settle her.
    Why do people judge me and say im making a rod for my own back? And that my baby and i need to go to sleep school so she can learn to settle herself? Why?
    I want her to feel loved, secure and that im here... Not having her screaming herself to sleep.... Not at 6 weeks old....
    Am i doing anything wrong?
    Definitely nothing wrong!! She is a tiny baby and just wants comfort from her mummy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi guys....im rocking my newborn to sleep at the moment...shes 6 weeks and has some health issues so we have rocked her since day 1 to settle her.
    Why do people judge me and say im making a rod for my own back? And that my baby and i need to go to sleep school so she can learn to settle herself? Why?
    I want her to feel loved, secure and that im here... Not having her screaming herself to sleep.... Not at 6 weeks old....
    Gosh no, not at all! Sounds like you and your daughter are both happy with what's happening! She's still so little too, in your arms is where she belongs.

People will always try and offer you "advice" even when you're not asking for it. I can't tell you how many times I've been told I should take my daughter to sleep school and the vast majority of those times I haven't even been complaining, just mentioning that she isn't a great sleeper.

If your family is happy, just smile, nod and ignore when people tell you what to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I still cuddle/rock my 5 month old to sleep. I love it you're doing what's right for you and your baby that's all that matters!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully, you said it yourself - she's a newborn!! People who think they understand little babies but really don't at all think they form a thousand habits from the second they come into the world. If that was true, how come my DD keeps changing the rules in relation to EVERYTHING?! DD is almost 10 months. We feed to sleep & will do so until she wants to do something else. She wakes all through the night & while it's not ideal, her first year has already flown by. Before long she'll be a toddler & everything will change again.

You are doing a great job. That first 12 weeks can be so difficult as you get to know each other. Try to take it one day at a time & ignore the critics. They can sleep train their own kids if they like but it's for YOU to decide how to proceed with your squish. Try to focus on the rewards - the first giggles, the first rolls, babbling, crawling, kisses. All are ahead & so so beautiful. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Always changing . Will I don't follow any particular style of parenting I do what works for my baby. I've done feed to sleep, rocking , co sleeping. We currently have a child who will fall asleep in his jumperoo and doesn't like rocking . Give it a few weeks and something else will work. Do what works for you and bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you all

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just an update. My baby will be 10 weeks tomorrow. I still rock her to sleep each time. I go back to work in July and she will go to daycare 2 days. When do i start trying to get her to settle herself as i know its probably not going to happen at daycare that she gets rocked to sleep....worried.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Just an update. My baby will be 10 weeks tomorrow. I still rock her to sleep each time. I go back to work in July and she will go to daycare 2 days. When do i start trying to get her to settle herself as i know its probably not going to happen at daycare that she gets rocked to sleep....worried.

Any decent centre will rock your baby to sleep when I was in the baby's room some days all 8 would need to be rocked/patted to sleep (by two staff members!), so we would each drag 2 cots next to each other and pat 2 babies, while we had one each on a knee and the other two in bouncers. If any got really upset the director would come and help but that was really rare, there would generally be 2 or 3 who needed rocking/patting so that's what we would do.
    Occasionally child care workers have to leave babies to cry (just like mothers with more than one) but most will do everything in their power to stop the crying, as when one baby cries they could all wake and then you have 8 screaming babies! So please don't stress about that. If you have a good centre, someone will rock her to sleep

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (08-04-2013),Hopefully Waiting  (08-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope so