+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Occasionally DS2 falls asleep on the boob but usually I just put him in his cot and he falls asleep. He doesn't like being rocked to sleep (thankfully - at 8 months he's already 11.5kgs!).

DS1 was rocked /patted to sleep until he was almost 1 then he started falling asleep on his own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is rocked to sleep during the day and boobed to sleep at night. I was feeding to sleep during the day as well (which we both loved and was so quick!) but we have breastfeeding attachment issues which were made worse by feeding to sleep unfortunately. Rocking works well but takes a bit longer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD will fall asleep in the car but generally we lay on my bed and I feed to sleep. At night though, DH will sssshh and pat to sleep in her cot

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS1 (almost 2), DH or myself lay next to him in his bed.
    DS2 (8 weeks), if I catch him at the right moment will fall asleep on his own after being wrapped and a quick cuddle. Otherwise rocking/cuddling or patting his shoulder in the cot.
    I wish he would feed to sleep but that just results in vomit everywhere. I also put white noise on for DS2. When out, he sleeps in the sling or wrap, rarely in the pram or car.
    Last edited by Bluest Blue Box; 15-03-2013 at 09:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD (7 months) has been nicknamed The Resistor since the day she was born because she has fought sleep from the get go. If we're at home I feed her to sleep and lay with her but if out she will sleep in the carrier, pram or car. We rarely go in the car though and she generally cries a bit before giving up and sleeping.

At night she is either fed by me or settled with cuddling/patting/shhing by DP. She still feeds 4/5 times a night.

She is a painfully light sleeper despite us being noisy as we could be when she was little. If I utter a word, she's awake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When he was a baby, rocked in our arms or in the pram. When he got too big to rock we lay next to him on the bed..... Still do, he's 3 now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys....im rocking my newborn to sleep at the moment...shes 6 weeks and has some health issues so we have rocked her since day 1 to settle her.
    Why do people judge me and say im making a rod for my own back? And that my baby and i need to go to sleep school so she can learn to settle herself? Why?
    I want her to feel loved, secure and that im here... Not having her screaming herself to sleep.... Not at 6 weeks old....
    Am i doing anything wrong?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMama View Post
    DD (7 months) has been nicknamed The Resistor since the day she was born because she has fought sleep from the get go. If we're at home I feed her to sleep and lay with her but if out she will sleep in the carrier, pram or car. We rarely go in the car though and she generally cries a bit before giving up and sleeping.

At night she is either fed by me or settled with cuddling/patting/shhing by DP. She still feeds 4/5 times a night.

She is a painfully light sleeper despite us being noisy as we could be when she was little. If I utter a word, she's awake.
    I think this will be my dd too :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully Waiting View Post
    Hi guys....im rocking my newborn to sleep at the moment...shes 6 weeks and has some health issues so we have rocked her since day 1 to settle her.
    Why do people judge me and say im making a rod for my own back? And that my baby and i need to go to sleep school so she can learn to settle herself? Why?
    I want her to feel loved, secure and that im here... Not having her screaming herself to sleep.... Not at 6 weeks old....
    Absolutely not! Do what feels right for you, my friends think I'm crazy still co sleeping with my 3 year old, but I'm fine with it, no way would I ever send him to a sleep school! I'm sure hell be wanting to sleep in his own bed by the time he's 10! You just have to learn to close your ears to the "advice" other people give

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully Waiting View Post
    No, you're not doing anything wrong. 6 weeks is still tiny, forget the criticism and go with what works for you.
    I am rocking my 5 week old to sleep right now.