+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Normally I will lay down on our bed with DS2 (5 months old). We will both be on our sides. I lay really close to him so our faces touch and I rub my nose down his nose. This works normally really quickly. Once fast asleep I roll him onto his back. I also use a dummy while doing this. Both of my boys loved having their faces stroked while falling asleep.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to starla For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (15-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Boobie! This girl loooooves her boobie. She will fall asleep in the car though, has done in the pram once & the ergo a few times too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Feed to sleep or feed, then put in the carrier on my back. He only sleeps whilst being held/worn or go-sleeping with boob in mouth

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Muffet  (14-03-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DD won't fall asleep on the boob. It's a real PITA. She's just starting to now, at night, but she generally needs re-settling after 1 sleep cycle. She falls asleep if you sit and bounce on a fitball with her, or walking around with the sling/carrier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Boob or rocking - all three have been put to sleep that way. I thank the heavens for boobs because i would never get any sleep otherwise.
    Walking around in the pram or driving have also made all my kids fall asleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post
    Normally I will lay down on our bed with DS2 (5 months old). We will both be on our sides. I lay really close to him so our faces touch and I rub my nose down his nose. This works normally really quickly. Once fast asleep I roll him onto his back. I also use a dummy while doing this. Both of my boys loved having their faces stroked while falling asleep.
    i love the sound of this. how beautiful

Thanks
    Reviews
    my 2 yr old was a horrible sleeper as a baby. i couldnt breastfed her so didnt have the bonus of comfort feeding. i refused to wear her as i suffered pnd - think that had something to do with it. she needed to be wrapped tightly and rocked to sleep in a silent pitch black room. we had thick blankets on her window.. this took up to 45 mins most naps for her to sleep for 1/2hr once i put her down. it was the same at night except dh took over, he seemed to have more patience with her at night than i did.
    once she hit 12mths she was and still is an awesome sleeper. i just put her to bed with what ever doll she picks out to take with her and say nigh nigh and walk out, she still needs a silent pitch black room to sleep in.

ds is 10weeks and will only fall asleep with a comfort feed at night. with me laying beside him and boob in mouth during day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 3 week old boy will only go to sleep on the booby or while I'm burping him. He's fallen asleep in my DP's arms a few times if he is just fussing and not actually hungry or anything

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    During the day I put him in the sling or carrier and do the dishes or put them away (one at a time as noisily as possible - strange but true) or we lie down together and feed to sleep and then I keep him company by either reading a book or sleeping as well. At night, feed to sleep, but can't do that if he's not hungry! So I just keep him company until he drops off - he sucks his thumb and hums to himself. He's just 6 months now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by debsch View Post
    During the day I put him in the sling or carrier and do the dishes or put them away (one at a time as noisily as possible - strange but true) or we lie down together and feed to sleep and then I keep him company by either reading a book or sleeping as well. At night, feed to sleep, but can't do that if he's not hungry! So I just keep him company until he drops off - he sucks his thumb and hums to himself. He's just 6 months now.
    Wow, I'm envious! Mine is so sensitive to noise I have to be super quiet to get her to sleep, can't even talk or she wakes up
    (though she will sleep in the carrier if I dance to loud music..?)