+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    IMO and experience routines will always be upset by something at one stage or another eg by teething, illness, developmental stages etc etc that being said some mums & some babies need routines, i am just not that good at sticking to them 100%, whereas others i know dont cope without them at all.

I personally take the kids out, follow whatever pattern you normally would at home as close as possible. When we go out i always pack PJ's and give bath when out and let kids fall asleep in car on way home and transfer straight into bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was much like you with my first, everything revolved around her sleep from a young age and I regret it as I felt like I was trapped at home. My 2nd is now 7 weeks and I'm trying to do the opposite - who knows if it'll work as each baby seems so different.
    Just do what you feel is best and of its frustrating you missing out on things then change it around a bit. Babies usually only take a few days to learn a routine so if it all goes wrong you can go back to what works

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely get back into the dinners. I'm a routine clock work kind of person but when bub is young take advantage of the sleep anywhere through anything because it won't last

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    We have regularly taken both our girls out at/after bedtime for functions/dinners etc.

We just do the dinner/bath before hand... and then usually the drive puts them to sleep on the way to wherever. If you have a car capsule, just pop bub in there for their sleep and transfer when you get out.

or - bath them at wherever you are having dinner, then pop them to sleep in a portacot etc.

IMO if you get your kids used to sleeping in random places as a baby they tend to carry it thru as they get older. My kids 2.5 and 8mths can sleep thru fireworks, blasting music and dinner parties now.
    Exactly what we do too I like DD having a routine, but I didn't want her to get so used to the routine that I could never take her anywhere in the evenings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Parents house would be a great 'practice' outing as well. If everything goes pear shaped ( which it's so unlikely to with an 8 week old) it's just a weekly dinner you're missing out on and not (eg.) a catch up with friends you haven't seen for ages! Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Thanks for the replies! You've boosted my confidence to try getting out and about again. I think I'll try going to the next dinner