+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD is 10 months and no one other than my parents have offered since she was born. Lots of people offered while pregnant. I wouldn't have left her with anyone though and only have with my parents for appointments

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MinnieMouse81 For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (10-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Just never *need* a sitter. Say if you ever need someone you'll call but then never actually need them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (10-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have never had anyone get 'offended' that they haven't been asked to babysit, it seems a bit odd to me. We rarely need the kids looked after, but when we have I have never had someone say 'why didn't you ask me to babysit?'. All my friends have offered, but I will never take them up on it, it is nice of them to offer though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    If the baby isn't born yet, I'd say, "Awesome, thanks for the offer - I'll have to keep that in mind!" No point in making any dramas now!

Once it's born - you're just not ready to leave baby yet. Simple!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess the reason why I worry about people being offended is because they are mostly family (in laws) that are offering and I've seen them get all put out about similar things with other grandkids/nieces/nephews...

I guess I should just forget about it and worry about it later when bub is actually here...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Also - If it's not someone you'd want to leave baby with, but someone who you are close to and care about (like family?) maybe ask them over to hold baby so you can wash your hair or something? Rather than actually leaving. Because really for me someone coming over to watch katelyn so I could spend more than 1 minute in the bathroom alone is far more valuable than going out.

Whenever my mum comes over I wash my hair. Sometimes I only get to wash my hair once a week when mum visits!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (10-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DarcyJ I'm in a similar position, my in laws, who I'm not close with and who I would not leave my DD with often drop not so subtle hints about wanting to babysit. They're building a house and say how they are making a kids room for ALL of the grand kids to stay over (ie SILs kids plus DD). I couldn't bear to leave her with them for a half hour let alone overnight!!

I mostly just ignore it all, change the subject etc. No sign that they are offended yet...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GM01 For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (11-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I say awww thanks! When bf, I used that as an excuse...now its that I am literally the only one who can put him to sleep or settle him when he is sad. He is 2 yo on friday! So far he had only been left with my mum not even with his daddy!

In laws aren't a problem. We have nothing to do with them, and I would have dfs support on then not having him alone anyway. Df has other children (not to me) and mil had them, they were removed by dhs. So no argument really! Lol
    When I was utd she got a cot and everything for when he was "going to stay with us". I just smiled and niodded and changed the subject. We never went there, and it took her 17 weeks to come 100kms to see him for the first and only time, for not quite an hour!
    Last edited by shadowangel0205; 10-03-2013 at 22:37.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (11-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the end of the day if other family members are looking after your bub then you're probably going to have no choice but to end up saying no and giving them your reasons. Otherwise just say you have xyz to look after bub and you don't need their services.

I had to do this with my mother. I had to eventually tell her no I won't let her look after bub again and why. Basically she hasn't spoken to me in over a year.