+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Implants question.

I've been talking to fiancé about getting implants. Initially I was planning on getting them once I knew I was done having children, but that would be like 5 years from now by the time we have had #3 and #3 is at an age where he/she isn't so dependent on me. DF asked me why I don't get them sooner, and its because I don't want pregnancy to affect them, and I would like to breastfeed.

SO for those who have had implants, did pregnancy change them? And were you able to breastfeed?
    I know that with some implants it doesn't affect breastfeeding.

I guess if I got them now, and they did go downhill, I could get it fixed up..but not sure I'd want to go through the pain of surgery twice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My bestie was able to bf her second but not without supply issues, having to comp feed and constantly take motilium. From what I've read, any breast surgery can affect breastfeeding.
    If BF is important to you, I'd wait til after kids. Also, each kid has seen me go up a cup size- you never know, you may not need surgery!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I met someone who had them I am not sure how long she fed for but her breast tissue had fallen down over the implant, so she needed to get a lift as well as a bigger implant to fix the issue. I guess if you do it pre finishing children go to a few different Drs, look around, ask lots of questions, ask if you can speak to any clients and get their thoughts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    As a midwife have seen soooo many breastfeeding problems with women who've had breastfeeding. Yes some eventually got there in the end, but why make things more difficult then it needed to be.

Problem's we've had were with the nipple being completely moved and the surgery cutting through the milk ducts which of course affected supply etc.

If breastfeeding is important to you, please wait until you've finished having children.

And who's to say that breastfeeding with implants won't damage them in some way as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Aside from BF they can lose shape and sag like normal breasts do. I would 100% wait until after you have had kiddies. goodluck! Exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have them, but we're not pregnant yet so I can't be of much help. Just letting you know I'm interested in this also, I only got then 2 years ago so I hope they fair ok. Any damage will be well worth it obviously, but still wouldn't mind nice boobies