+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Best Baby Monitor

Well silly me didnt look at the box of the last monitor we purchased and it is only a monitor that has a light and detects sounds... With my last 2 children who are now aged 8 and 9 we had a wonderful monitor that actually detected everything... So if baby wasnt breathing properly etc it would make sounds... Does anyone know what type these are

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angelcare monitors

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashram View Post
    Angelcare monitors
    Yep have to agree, we bought one 3 yrs ago with DD, it has a light on her unit in her room, has sound and also two breathing/movement pads. Never had a false alarm with it like we did a different brand with DS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree too - Angel Care are excellent! If I had my time again, I'd try to pick up a video monitor one on special - they are more expensive than the sound/movement ones as they have video as well, but after I bought mine I saw many stores have great discounts on them from time to time

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have an angelcare which is great , wish we had it with ds1 too. I have recently read that the babysense II by Oricom is the best on the market at the moment though...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Angel care. Definately!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep oricom baby sense II with the video monitor is definitely the superior product ATM.

The only respiratory monitor registered as a medical device with the TGA and is used in some NICUs. Couple it with the video monitor n it's awesome. You can see and hear and know they are breathing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not to highjack this thread, but do I need a baby monitor?

It wasn't on my list because our apartment was small and I assumed that people only used them in big houses to make sure they heard their baby if she woke up and started crying.

Am I supposed to get one of these? When and how do you use it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsStewart View Post
    Not to highjack this thread, but do I need a baby monitor?

It wasn't on my list because our apartment was small and I assumed that people only used them in big houses to make sure they heard their baby if she woke up and started crying.

Am I supposed to get one of these? When and how do you use it?
    I love my baby monitor. It's not all about hearing bub, some monitors have sensor pads that go under the mattress which trigger an alarm if bub stops breathing. It gives me peace of mind and I don't need to potentially wake bub by checking him when he has slept longer than I have expected him too.

Sent from my Slider SL101 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the angelcare ac110, definately get the oricom. I have had loads of trouble with the angelcare. The battery life on the parent unit is at maximum 4 hours, then sounds a very loud battery low battery beep, which is wonderful if it happens when you are in the same room as baby! If it gets to this, it then takes about 10 hours to fully charge. The video quality is quite poor, although the night vision is great. The sound activated speaker simply doesn't work, we have to have it on continuously. And if you pause the breathing sensor, say to feed or change nappy, the night light flashes, which is not so wonderful if baby sleeps in the same room as you and you have a partner trying to sleep.

Look up reviews, apparently these are well known issues.