+ Reply to Thread
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 7 and a half month old refusing her bottle during day

My DD has been refusing to drink her bottle during the day since yesterday. All day yesterday she went without a bottle (formula, 150mls) but would happily drink water and diluted juice from her bottle as well as her usual solids- fruit, vegies, cereal etc. Today she is doing the same thing, she will not have a bar of her formula. Overnight she seeemd to make up for it as she woke twice for her feed and drank 2x 150ml bottles (she usually only wakes once.)

I keep offering it to her but she's not interested, like I said she will only drink from it if I fill it with water/diluted juice. I even tried to entice her by trying it in a cup but as soon as she realised it was her milk she pushed it away.

Has your 7-8 month old ever gone off their formula/bottles for a couple of days? Will she resume or is she through with them? She loves her food and eats plenty and I'm keeping up her fluids but I'm worried, she definitely still needs the nourishment that only her formula can provide and her 2 overnight bottles don't seem like enough over a 24 hour period where she should be taking 3-4 feeds of milk as well as her solids.
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 10-03-2013 at 13:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi just saw your post. My friend's baby weaned himself off milk completely around 7 months, just refused milk completely. So she gives him yoghurt instead. The maternal & child health nurse said it's fine. Maybe try that. Probiotics in yoghurt is good for them too.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I recently spoke to MIL about this and she informed me that DH weaned himself at 8 months as well, just refused the bottle, so I guess it's OK.

I feed DD yoghurt every day already so that's good to hear. She has gone back to sometimes having one bottle during the day, usually late afternoon and if I'm lucky I can feed her to sleep at bedtime with a bottle. But I've given up offering one to at any other time now- I make up her weetbix with 100ml of formula in the morning so she's still getting the nutrients. (when she decides to eat it, today she refused that as well so she had some toast.) She's also waking for a bottle at around 4am.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Could you try 'dream feed' her a bottle while she's having a nap if you want to try get more formula into her?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS dropped all bottles in today around that age. He only has one in the morning and one before bed and has done since 8 months. He drinks lots of water in the day though.