+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BlissfulMama is offline Loving this new tiny person more than I ever imagined!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I rang the ABA and talked to my GP. Both said breast feeding is never bad if you are healthy and knowledgable about eating more, eating right, drinking lots of water etc.

So there are a few of us! Would love to do a roll call... I'm so happy I found others, just been so torn between breast feeding for my DD and the guilty of wanting another baby. I'm feeling a bit better that I am not being selfish and that there are others who are in my boat.

Children:
    Currently Feeding Age:
    How long did it take you to conceive?
    Thoughts on tandem feeding?

Thanks
    Reviews
    State: NSW
    Children: 1
    Currently Feeding Age: 6 months
    How long did it take you to conceive? 3 months, 1 MC then 3 months.
    Thoughts on tandem feeding? Not sure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    State: QLD
    Currently Feeding Age: 4 months
    How long did it take you to conceive? 6 months
    Thoughts on tandem feeding? Sounds challenging, but as long as the newbie gets enough to eat & older baby is happy I'm all for it.

We had planned to have our kids close together so that they could play & relate to each other better, but since looking into AP theories about larger age gaps, we've decided to just let the breastfeeding decide when 2nd bub comes along. That way it will sort of be DDs choice which is kind of cool. Bub & I bedshare so she pretty much feeds non stop overnight, so I'm guessing it will be a while before ovulation returns. Hopefully we won't run out of time due to my age, will have to reconsider the plan if that happens. (When we got married we said we wouldn't *try* to conceive at all, just let it happen naturally. That lasted all of five minutes!)
    Good luck to everyone currently waiting for AF or trying to conceive!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to InWatermelonSugar For This Useful Post:

BlissfulMama  (11-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Currently Feeding Age: 11 weeks
    How long did it take you to conceive? 5 years, 2 years natural then 5 ivf goes over 3 years
    Thoughts on tandem feeding? Not sure

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Grebbeci For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    InWatermelonSugar, seem to be seeing you around the place a bit! Love it.

We are very similar except DD has slept through from 2 weeks, except for the recently teething fun we had... She's almost back to normal only waking once a night and very early so hoping that one AF I had becomes a number two.

Tandem feeding interests me I just don't know if I am talented enough to pull it off!

Thanks
    Reviews
    State: WA
    Currently Feeding Age: 11 months
    How long did it take you to conceive? 3 months
    Thoughts on tandem feeding? Not sure, though given how sensitive the boobies were when I was pregnant we might just have to wait and see!

to everyone!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixie83 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    State: Vic
    Currently Feeding Age: 8 months
    How long did it take you to conceive? Straight away, mc, 2 months, mc, two months.
    Thoughts on tandem feeding? I hadn't thought about it tbh. Possibly. At the moment dd is really cutting down her day feeds, but still feeding overnight. Haven't got af back, so no ideas on what's happening there.
    We did want a close ish gap, but I think we're letting dd's feeding decide the gap

11. The Following User Says Thank You to goosette For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all....this is me

Current Feeding Age: 10m
    Time Taken To Conceive: 10m of trying naturally and one ivf cycle which was successful)
    Thoughts on Tandem Feeding: definitely would like to do it if I can - my DD is such a boobie girl! Thinking it may not be possible though as no sign of AF yet. Wanting to do a natural IVF FET as soon as AF is regular whilst BF

13. The Following User Says Thank You to me+he&she=three For This Useful Post:

BlissfulMama  (12-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    State: QLD
    Currently Feeding Age: 9 months
    How long did it take you to conceive? 3 months (1st month BFP ended in mc, didn't try next month then conceived DD 3rd month)
    Thoughts on tandem feeding? Love it. Means I get a squish & a toddler both enjoying their boobie juice. Plus awesome for weightloss.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to becandabub For This Useful Post:

BlissfulMama  (12-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    State: Qld
    Children: Two. An almost 5yo and a 22mth old
    Currently Feeding Age: 22mth old
    How long did it take you to conceive? 0mths with DS1 (pill bub), 12mths with DS2. Im currently on cycle #3 after an early mc on cycle #2.
    Thoughts on tandem feeding? Im not against it, but im not sure if I could do it. Ill cross that bridge if i come to it. DS2 might self wean or he might be dependant on it. I plan to wean by 3yo though so whichever comes first.