+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Feeling so homesick...

I feel so homesick today even though I'm still at home. My boys are with their dad this weekend and even though I just rang them to have a chat, my heart is aching in the most unbearable way.

I don't always feel like this - but I do today. I just want to cuddle them and be with them. This is the hardest part of being a single mummy. They have a fantastic dad - but I just want them to be with me today. I just want my boys... No point to this really but I feel really empty today without my little dudes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Big hugs Hun. They'll be back before you know it xxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm so sorry to hear that. Maybe you can do something for them so it's like they are here in spirit.
    Perhaps a surprise for when they get home. Some baking, rent some movies to have a movie night, make a cubby house with chairs and sheets...I don't know, perhaps something you know they will enjoy.
    in the mean time do something nice for yourself.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moosey View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear that. Maybe you can do something for them so it's like they are here in spirit.
    Perhaps a surprise for when they get home. Some baking, rent some movies to have a movie night, make a cubby house with chairs and sheets...I don't know, perhaps something you know they will enjoy.
    in the mean time do something nice for yourself.
    I love this idea.

I hope the time passes quickly until they get back. . I know you probably aren't in the mood but perhaps doing something that you can't do with them, like (window) shop in an expensive boutique, sit down in a cafe with a magazine and a coffee without having to keep them entertained or still.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. Yeah I'm normally do those things I can't do with them. I'm just about to watch Taken 2 which I couldn't normally do. I feel silly cos they only left yesterday morning and they come back tomorrow - my exH just rang to check I was ok cos I told him I'm missing them. He assured me our eldest is being a monster at the moment so I should enjoy my quiet time. Ha

Just one of those days. Shared custody is not something I'd ever considered when we were planning our little family. It's crazy how great life can seem and it can all just change in an instant. Looking forward to Monday afternoon!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post

Just one of those days. Shared custody is not something I'd ever considered when we were planning our little family. It's crazy how great life can seem and it can all just change in an instant. Looking forward to Monday afternoon!!!
    Hugs to you TB&M - I'm sure you're looking forward to this afternoon. I hope you got to relax at least

I know exactly how you feel. Being married too, I never expected to have to share custody either and hate it already. A mini break is nice when you're a single mum, but I miss my DS1 when he's gone. I even cut my recent plush hospital stay short because I missed him!

For me, it sometimes feels as though I'm the one being punished for exDH being an a**hole. Why should I have to have my son taken from me because exDH chose to leave IYKWIM. But I know it's important for DS so ensure they see each other weekly (despite having to force this initially).

I hope one day I'll come to look forward and enjoy my 'me' time again!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Hugs to you TB&M - I'm sure you're looking forward to this afternoon. I hope you got to relax at least

I know exactly how you feel. Being married too, I never expected to have to share custody either and hate it already. A mini break is nice when you're a single mum, but I miss my DS1 when he's gone. I even cut my recent plush hospital stay short because I missed him!

For me, it sometimes feels as though I'm the one being punished for exDH being an a**hole. Why should I have to have my son taken from me because exDH chose to leave IYKWIM. But I know it's important for DS so ensure they see each other weekly (despite having to force this initially).

I hope one day I'll come to look forward and enjoy my 'me' time again!!
    Thanks Pesca77! I have my DS2 back home with me now (although he's sleeping) and we get to pick DS1 up from school in an hour!!! Yay

I ended up watching a movie, baking for their weekly lunches and go grocery shopping (so much easier on my own.)

I used to feel that way earlier on. Like I was being punished because of his decisions. But that went away (thankfully). And truth be told I usually enjoy the break each fortnight. But I had them three weekends in a row (cos their dad went to a festival on his normal weekend) and I've just felt like the three of us have been such a team. It really upset me this time. I'm honestly really okay with it usually - I miss them but appreciate 'my time'.

I really hope things ease up for you soon. It's not an easy road hey. It's most certainly not how I thought my life would be. But in saying that I'm happier on my own (well with my boys).

Thanks
    Reviews
    And HUGE congratulations!!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (11-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ds2 is gorgeous.

No not an easy road - I look forward to the day that I'm in the same head space as you