+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Post i have pcos

hi im 21 i have pcos i found out three years ago i had it when i found out it crushed my dreams of ever becoming a mum everytime i read something about pcos it makes me wanna cry because some people say they have fallen prez but every month i sit and wait to see if i get my period some days its late and i sit here thinking yay my dreams come true but no i still havnt fallen pregz i am on metraformn to help me concieve i just wanted people oppion about clomid i got married on my 21st birthday and me and my husband are ready to try anything that will help us plz help me i hope other people have luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is hope!!

i was diagnosed with PCOS 1 year ago aged 28.. I was devastated!! I had 18 cysts on 1 ovary and 12 on the other.

Today I have ZERO cysts after confirmation from a ultra sound.

This is how I did it....no sugar, no dairy, no gluten. When I say no sugar I mean in every form. I wouldn't buy anything off the supermarket shelf that contained sugar..eg pasta sauces etc. there are hidden sugars in everything, you just have to be aware.

i drank fresh vege juice 3-4 times a week (no fruit,it's sugar) I juice celery, cucumber, spinach, ginger and beetroot.

Its hard but if you want babies you will do anything.

goodluck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Laura05 For This Useful Post:

Sandra103  (11-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There is always hope with PCOS . I Also have it, one dead ovary and the other one had around 9 cysts on it plus fibroids. My periods were irregular as anything and I have had 6 pregnancies resulting in 3 kids so far. We plan on TTC soon for our 4th and hope to god we get a sticky one
    Best of luck to you and if you have taken a year I suggest going to dr and talking about your options x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Everything Laura05 said!!!

Diet improved my condition immensely. I've been really slack lately and noticed a steady increase in my symptoms returning. I'm doing IVF (PCOS isn't our only issue) again after Easter so I plan on getting back on the "clean eating" train. I know a lady from my clinic who had PCO, changed her diet, lost 7kg and ovulated naturally after years of trying.

There is always hope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to feel the same as you. Whenever AF came I would cry for days. I knew my PCOS would improve with weightloss. So I decided to have lapband and have lost 20kg so far.

After the surgery AF came and my cycles were 40-60 days. FS put me on clomid but I didn't ovulate, so we tried Letrozole last month and my progesterone levels went from 1.4 to 222 on the lowest dosage of 2.5mg.

This month he double my dosage and I'm on CD9 so now we are hoping for a BFP

Yes I did get side effects but letrozole seems to be working.

Good luck with your journey!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hang in there! I have PCOS, conceived my DD after 4mths on 100mg Clomid. Then after numerous miscarriages, ivf etc (due to unrelated to pcos immune problems) I conceived my DS on 150mg Clomid.

I didn't try altering diet or anything, and lucky for me I didn't have any side effects from Clomid.

Sending loads of baby dust to you!

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub