+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Just quietly, I completely agree! But shh, I'm busy all afternoon and don't have time to take up the debate

I've used a small, grey font so that nobody sees...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    Mm. Sorry. But if someone was going around saying I'm mutilating my children then that is exactly how I would take it. Wouldn't you? And there has been people in this thread saying they should be punished.
    I never read ‘‘I understand why you do it, I just don't agree. And here is why.‘‘ instead its mutilation, or changing someone who is already perfect, implying they make their children imperfect. Etc etc. As I said, I'm neither for nor against it. I just understand it and why it's done. And as I also said, if people really want others to stop circumsizing their children, I believe understanding would go a long way.
    Which means understanding you want someone to go directly against Gods instruction and potentially put their childrens immortal soul in jeopardy. Understanding that you want thousands and thouands of years of instrucrion to go by the wayside. Understanding doesn't equate to agreeance, but it might help people to get their arguments heard, rather than people feeling attacked.

And as for the female version of circing, I've not read the Qua‘ran(sp), but once I'm done with the Bible I will, but I think thats a cultural thing more than religious and culture is far easier to change than religion.

Sent from my HUAWEI-U8850 using BubHub
    REligion has changed, like we dont expect women to obey their husbands anymore, when I got married the pastor took that out as it just isnt how we live any more, we as parents are not expected to spank our children any more (spare the rod spoil the child) We dont stone people for cheating or divorcing their husbands, we dont stone prostitutes so lots have changed.

Society has changed too look women can vote, women can work and are not expected to stay home and cater to the man.

When things are wrong they are changed and I hope that male circing is banned soon the other option is to not let some religions use circing of boys and not let other religions circ their girls if we are going to give religion their rights to their beliefs then we need to let them all circ who they want, marry off young kids, etc other wise we are hypocrites

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DF said if we have sons he expects we will do that just cause he and his brothers are. My mum had a friend when she was younger who had a brother who bled to death after circumcision. As horrible and ******** as it is this is not my reasons for refusing to do it. As a student nurse I got to hold down babies while a few were done, Whilst babies are under 1 yr old they are given no GA they are held down by 2 nurses while the dr performs the operation on a screaming and terrified baby it was horrible to watch and I wanted no part in it, the parents didn't even have to watch so that they weren't traumatised by seeing their baby cry but all I could think was you chose to have unnecessary surgery and you won't even watch or help hold the baby down.

NOt against the surgery when boys are older if needed for medical reasons, they are anaesthetised when they are older and hopefully they are old enough you can give some explanation as to what will happen but I will never do it to a newborn.

This was such a horrible case and yes the Haemophillia played a massive role in this infants death, but it is not something that would have been known before hand and is just a tragedy.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wobblermummy For This Useful Post:

JohnC  (12-03-2013),Tainted  (12-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    Mm. Sorry. But if someone was going around saying I'm mutilating my children then that is exactly how I would take it. Wouldn't you? And there has been people in this thread saying they should be punished.
    I never read ‘‘I understand why you do it, I just don't agree. And here is why.‘‘ instead its mutilation, or changing someone who is already perfect, implying they make their children imperfect. Etc etc. As I said, I'm neither for nor against it. I just understand it and why it's done. And as I also said, if people really want others to stop circumsizing their children, I believe understanding would go a long way.
    Which means understanding you want someone to go directly against Gods instruction and potentially put their childrens immortal soul in jeopardy. Understanding that you want thousands and thouands of years of instrucrion to go by the wayside. Understanding doesn't equate to agreeance, but it might help people to get their arguments heard, rather than people feeling attacked.

And as for the female version of circing, I've not read the Qua‘ran(sp), but once I'm done with the Bible I will, but I think thats a cultural thing more than religious and culture is far easier to change than religion.

What about the fact that many pro circers have said theyre better parents for circumcising there child, therefore implying that they are better then anyone who didnt circ. I believe people from both sides of the fence can be pig headed and quite frankly nasty. Lets leave it at we all should do what we feel is best for our own and leave everyone else alone.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterMoosMum For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I read a post yesterday that said that, how ridiculous. No one is better parents than anyone regarding circing or not circing, everyone is just doing what they feel is best for their children. To try and make it into some kind of parenting competition is just immature.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMoosMum View Post
    What about the fact that many pro circers have said theyre better parents for circumcising there child, therefore implying that they are better then anyone who didnt circ. I believe people from both sides of the fence can be pig headed and quite frankly nasty. Lets leave it at we all should do what we feel is best for our own and leave everyone else alone.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

MonsterMoosMum  (13-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Originally Posted by JennaismeMm. Sorry. But if someone was going around saying I'm mutilating my children then that is exactly how I would take it. Wouldn't you? And there has been people in this thread saying they should be punished.

I was the one that said in the other thread the parents and doctors shoudl be punished and I think they should if a child dies because of complications due to circing a cosmetic surgery then they should have some form of punishment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    I was the one that said in the other thread the parents and doctors shoudl be punished and I think they should if a child dies because of complications due to circing a cosmetic surgery then they should have some form of punishment.
    Sure, because their child dying and them having to live with it for the rest of their lives isnt punishment enough. You cannot punish someone for doing something that isnt illegal.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (13-03-2013)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    You cannot punish someone for doing something that isnt illegal.
    Absolutely. The most you can do is to campaign to make it illegal, perhaps using them as an example.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (13-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Sure, because their child dying and them having to live with it for the rest of their lives isnt punishment enough. You cannot punish someone for doing something that isnt illegal.
    Lots of things are not illegal but once it causes death it becomes an issue cant think of any off the top of my head. Lots of doctors get in trouble when they dont take the precautions to make sure what they do to a patient is safe and does not harm them. This was not done in this case so I think they should be held accountable. Sure losing a child is horrible but no justice for this poor baby boy doesnt sit right with me. Its like no one really cares, no one wants to look at what really happened its like they are just saying oh well it happens.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Lots of things are not illegal but once it causes death it becomes an issue cant think of any off the top of my head.
    Of course, but you can't punish people who have acted within the law.

I don't know enough about the case to know whether the doctor was negligent.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

beebs  (14-03-2013)