+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What's your favourite childhood memory?

Today was a lovely sunny day where I live, so I decided to head outside and mow our lawn. The process of mowing and the smell of the grass reminded my so much of being a little kid and trying to 'help' Mum and Dad look after the garden during the summers on our property ... It made me smile for ages

What's YOUR favourite childhood memory? Or what activities take you back to your childhood?

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What a lovely thread
    Many of my fondest memories are of my brother- playing mud fights, riding our bikes, holding garage sales, playing in our tree house. It's the reason I was adamant I wanted 2 kids, because I have such good memories of having a sibling.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My fondest memories are on a hot summer evening, getting a blanket and laying it down in my dads work ute tray and laying in it with my younger sister, there was always that bush fire smell in the air and we'd just chat away and eat ice blocks..

Another is riding bikes in the front yard with my sister whilst my dad had Jethro Tull; thick as a brick blaring so we could hear it outside.

We also rollerbladed on our front driveway a lot until we couldnt see in the dark anymore and the mozzies got too much. It was great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I can't think of one in particular but things that take me back to childhood are getting on a skateboard, eating homemade iceblocks, hearing The Beach Boys, seeing a sprinkler on and wanting to run under it and cut up oranges.

Oh, to be young again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I remember getting busted for not 'coming home when it got dark'
    So being out all day roaming the street playing with the neighbours kids from morning to night.

I wouldn't dare allow my kids to do that now to unsafe :-( I won't even let my almost 10 year old go to the park 150metres away on her own :-(

Also my family used to shoot home movies all the one just everyone doing normal every day things that was amazing to look back on now as an adult.

Sent from my iPhone :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh! And bottle collecting!!! We used to get the glass bottles and roam the neighborhood asking for people's left over glass bottles that they used to save for us 5 cents a bottle when returned at a deli which then bought the massive white bags chock full of lollies

Sent from my iPhone :-)
    Last edited by Twoalready; 09-03-2013 at 19:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    {double post}

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spending summer holiday at my friends across the road and our pools. Jumping on the trampoline for hours then into the pool. One day at her house, one day at mine.

We'd go on walks and adventures, it was safer then.

Then coming home to a BBQ with the family. Mum, dad and my sister, us all together having a laugh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The smell of fresh cut grass does it for me too, reminds me of playing all day on summer school holidays, in the pool and on bikes, later after a bath laying in bed with cotton shortie pajamas on clean cool sheets - feeling happy tired.

What a gorgeous thread

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Spending summer holidays on my uncles farm.
    Playing in the snow and skating on frozen ponds (I grew up in Europe)
    Collecting hazelnuts in autumn
    Long long summer nights out playing with my siblings & neighbors until it got dark at 11pm
    Hazy golden autumn evenings with red/orange/brown leaves everywhere

Lots of nice memories actually, when I think about it!