+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default DS chipped his teeth, should i talk him to the dentist?

DS was paying on the bed last night and chipped his teeth on the rail. Is front and left front teeth.

They are missing heaps of the tooth but definatly chipped.
    Hes not in pain or anything, there was no blood just some tears.

What should i do, should i take him to the dentist?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Are the his baby teeth?

Dd fell down the stairs last year and chipped one of her baby teeth and the dentist said even if it was wobbly/damaged they don't like to remove them or do anything because its too traumatic for the kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh yeah sorry forgot to mention, hes 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly unless it pushed it up into the gum or anything I wouldn't worry

Thanks
    Reviews
    There's nothing a general dentist could do in this situation. If they start changing colour then I would get them checked out as it may mean nerve damage. Otherwise, if u wanted them fixed for aesthetic reasons, you would be looking at an expensive visit to a pediatric dentist with treatment under sedation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can get them fixed at the dentist, my daughter was 5 when she chipped one of her front teeth in half, they just use the same white stuff they use for fillings, she is 10 now and its still fine, this was done through the school dentist didn't cost anything and she didn't need to be sedated or anything like that

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would take him to the dentist it should be sealed to avoid infection.
    Ds chipped his tooth (adult) and until there older they will fill it and build up a fake tooth. It's been replaced once in 1.2 years, but it is a front tooth so gets heaps of use.
    When he's an adult he will get a cap but they don't like doing it to kids as their mouth still has to grow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A dentist can't fix a 2 year old's teeth like they can an adult though. Unless they are sedated! It takes a long time to fix, many processes involved. And a 2 year old is not able to lay perfectly still with their mouth open for that long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    You could take him to the dentist to make sure there is no nerve damage and none of the broken teeth became lodged in his gums.

DS knocked out half of both of his front adult teeth. They have been filled and will be until he is fully grown and can get a cap put on each tooth.

I don't think much could be done for a 2 year old though. My friend had 2 of her kids knock out a front tooth each when they were that age and the dentist just left it as it was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My ds3 chipped his front tooth when he was two, the dentist said not to worry, it wasn't a huge chip or anything, you can see it though. Just said it was a baby tooth and not to worry.