+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a bleed in my first pregnancy around what I **think** was six weeks - enough to make me think it was my usual, late period.

I found out at 17 weeks I was actually pregnant. DD is 2.5 years now

Best of luck for a sticky bub x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had bleeding at around 6 weeks and I now have a healthy 21 month old : ) I wouldn't be too alarmed. If it gets worse, see you doctor x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys, it's great to hear some happy ending stories.

Mothers Milk I remember following your pregnancy diary and went back to read your story again today. Congrats in your little man!

I so hope that this time everything is ok and I get to be one of the lucky ones!! I only ever had one small bleed with dd at 6 weeks and not even this much with the missed m/c (not that it's overly heavy, just brown mucus with a slight tinge of red..) I feel just like AF is on her way, bloated, churny belly with twinges. So nerve-wrecking!!

I'm going in to the clinic tomorrow so will talk to the nurses. I presume they will do bloods then repeat in a couple days and I'm hoping to get the scan moved forward (fx!!)

Please oh please let it just be my little one settling in for the long haul!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no advice or experience ... I'm just checking in to say that I really hope everything is ok for you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks shoopuf, that means heaps. I really hope you get your sticky bubs soon too xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey WH, we are in the same due date group
    I bled at 9 or 10 weeks...MASSIVE RED CLOTTY BLOOD!! Massive cramps, went to the emergency and said I was having a miscarriage...and could I have a new pad. Half an hour later I'm getting an ultrasound and not one but two beating hearts popped up...they are 4 next month. Fingers crossed honey. To be honest I'm paranoid it's going to happen with this pregnancy. Reading all these posts are helpful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WildSide View Post
    Hey WH, we are in the same due date group
    I bled at 9 or 10 weeks...MASSIVE RED CLOTTY BLOOD!! Massive cramps, went to the emergency and said I was having a miscarriage...and could I have a new pad. Half an hour later I'm getting an ultrasound and not one but two beating hearts popped up...they are 4 next month. Fingers crossed honey. To be honest I'm paranoid it's going to happen with this pregnancy. Reading all these posts are helpful.
    Hi Wildside!! Congrats on your bfp!

Wow.... A few of you have said u ended up with twins.... A common theme here??!!!

Well I feel like death warmed up today, off to get bloods soon. Fx it's a good sign!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best with your scan. I've had multiple bleeds from 10dpo right through to now (9.3 weeks) and was diagnosed at 7 weeks with a subchronic hematoma. It is surprisingly common. They don't know what causes it, some say blood vessels bursting others say something when implanting occurred.

I've had a mix of brown, period type blood, constant drips to the point of wearing incontinence pants. For the last few days its only been blood after moving my bowels. I've also had clots the size of golf balls.

At my last scan on Friday, bub was doing great. I'm not out of the woods yet but I want you to know it can be incredibly scary and lots of bubs make it, so fingers crossed for everyone going through this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I am just out of hospital today after spending a week in there due to severe bleeding. I ended up having 3 blood transfusions and numerous bags of fluid and had everyone (particularly myself and DH) very stressed out.

I am currently 17w6d and have bleeding since about 12w. Amounts vary but it has steadily gotten worse until I lost about 1500ml last Monday morning, leading to a nice ride in an ambulance.

Anyway bub is doing absolutely fine and measuring spot on for my due date. The bleeding seems to be coming from a hematoma in the lining opposite the placenta. Only risk to bub seems to be if the bleeding becomes life threatening again for me. Drs all say it is not uncommon and they are 99.9% sure it will all work out ok.

Certainly get any bleeding checked out, but it doesn't always mean the worst.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nette View Post
    I am just out of hospital today after spending a week in there due to severe bleeding. I ended up having 3 blood transfusions and numerous bags of fluid and had everyone (particularly myself and DH) very stressed out.

I am currently 17w6d and have bleeding since about 12w. Amounts vary but it has steadily gotten worse until I lost about 1500ml last Monday morning, leading to a nice ride in an ambulance.

Anyway bub is doing absolutely fine and measuring spot on for my due date. The bleeding seems to be coming from a hematoma in the lining opposite the placenta. Only risk to bub seems to be if the bleeding becomes life threatening again for me. Drs all say it is not uncommon and they are 99.9% sure it will all work out ok.

Certainly get any bleeding checked out, but it doesn't always mean the worst.
    Wow thats scary! Glad to hear u and bubs r doing ok

Got my bloods back. They are still rising (at over 68000 now!) which is higher than we got last time so feeling a bit reassured. Fs will ring tomorrow to let me know if they can move the scan forward (fx!)