+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Bleeding in early pregnancy..

Hi ladies! I'm currently 6w3d and have been experiencing bleeding. I desperately want this bubs to stick after ttc for so long....

After a small bleed a week ago then nothing since, ive had bleeding again today but only when I go to the toilet. After (tmi sorry!) a BM it is red but then later is only brown blood, nothing on a liner but a decent amount when I go to the loo. No cramping or anything...

I'm super nervous as in Nov I had a missed m/c at about this time. I never had heavy bleeding or cramping, just a small amount of spotting old blood..

I'm going to the ivf clinic Mon to get bloods done (I don't trust the bloods alone though cos last time they were rising even though the pregnancy wasn't viable) and will be asking if my scan can be brought forward a little (it's not for another 2 weeks..)

Has anyone had this and gone on to have successful pregnancies? I'm really wanting to hear other people's experienced and hopefully some good news stories to help me stay positive!!
    Last edited by waitinghoping; 09-03-2013 at 15:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hugs waiting hoping! I had bleeding at 6 weeks with some bright pink blood. i again had some old blood at 23 weeks. I have just started my third trimester. Can I ask are you constipated? Sometimes i think that can affect it. Hoping it is a good outcome for you. Have my fingers crossed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not really constipated (well nothing thats unusual anyway as i have IBS) haven't had sex or an internal. Just hoping its due to the BM and nothing else...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had bleeding in two pregnancies that went to be successful.
    With one i had a big gush of blood and then nothing else. With the other i bleed on and off for weeks, sometimes the bleeding was so severe i am still amazed that bub survived.
    Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It can be very alarming. I completely understand it is hard to feel confident things will work out for the best when you are experiencing symptoms that are usually associated more with loss.

I also have had on and off bleeding since 5weeks. We are at 10 now. Also had multiple bloods and scans and everything is 'textbook' as far as the tests are concerned. I am still wearing a liner every day as I tend to have some days on some off, usually brownish spotting.
    We also had a loss last cycle and honestly thought it was all happening again. It can be heartbreaking and scary but please see your doctor if you are concerned. Sometimes reassurance with a scan or Doppler makes all the difference.

I did alot of research and found a massive study of over 2500 pregnant woman. In the woman that had spotting, light bleeding and NO bleeding at all, the likely chance of an MC was almost identical and followed the same pattern of even lower risks again one you past 12. weeks. So strictly statically speaking you are in a great position to go on with a health pregnancy even if you have some light bleeding or no bleeding.

Best of luck. Take care of yourself. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I had bleeding on several occasions throughout the first trimester, and so far all is okay - I am coming up for 25 weeks later this week.

Like you, I had a missed miscarriage before this pregnancy, and so I was terrified the bleeding meant that this was all ending.

Scans from my FS showed that there was a pool of blood under the sac. He said there was no knowing what had caused it, but it was likely to be a faulty blood vessel that had 'given' as the sac started to grow. He likened it to a nose bleed - just a random thing. Nothing to do with the pregnancy.

I had a few more bleeds after that scan, and each time went back - to find it was the same little pool of blood. Every time it tried to heal it pulled away from where it was attached and started up again. It got smaller to the point where my FS advised it would either happen again, or be reabsorbed by my body and - luckily - later scans showed that it had gone.

I know several women who've gone through IVF, and a lot of us seem to experience bleeding in the first trimester - which is the last thing you need after a fertility struggle!

Hope your FS appointment can reassure you. Take heart in the fact that it seems to be a common thing, and doesn't mean that anything is necessarily wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't have bleeding very early. But two substantial bleeds at 11 and 13 weeks. Happy healthy 3yo to show for it

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had bleeding with two of my boys. One from 4-6 weeks the other from 13-16 weeks.
    I tend to get the impression (correct me if I'm wrong someone) but if it turns brown after a short while then that is a good thing.
    When I miscarried I never got to brown it was just red .
    Good luck I hope all is well and think positive x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had bleeding with my twins, a huge gush of bright red blood (TMI) that ran all down my legs. I was petrified. Was told over the phone that it was a m/c and that I would have a scan 9 days later to make sure everything had passed.

The scan showed two healthy heart beats. Was such a scary time.

I also had bleeding with my last one, a fair bit, I went down to ER, and they told me that 50% of women who bleed will go on to have a healthy baby. They were right in my case, the baby was fine.

Deffo get it checked out though. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a lot of bleeding when I was pregnant with DD#1 pretty much on and off most of the way through my pregnancy. Dr couldn't explain it but she was fine.

Then when I was pregnant again I had a pretty big bleed. IVF clinic brought forward my scan to the next day and I found out for sure I was having twins.

Definately see if you can bring forward your scan.
    Goodluck