+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So happy to hear you are leaving for a bit to take some time out.

I haven't posted yet as the advice you have been given by others has just been so spot on

Just remember that a lot of the advice is from personal experience - these ladies really know what they are talking about. They have lived and learned from past hurt and mistakes.

A lot of us have been with 'that guy' who just doesn't treat you how you deserve to be treated. Most of us move on and use the experience as a reminder never to put up with that kind of disrespect from a partner ever again.

Life is too short to settle for 2nd best. The world is your oyster.

We are all here for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Super proud of you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. I really mean it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please have someone there with you when you leave just in case

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lovemyfam For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (12-03-2013),risfaerie  (14-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great that you are taking some time out for you. May I suggest maybe some counselling for you? It may provide a clearer look at what is really going on within the relationship and help you make some decisions. You can see your gp who can organise some free counselling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good on you honey! This may seem hard as ever now but it's the beggining of a much better life! You'll look back someday and think how brave and strong you've been!
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wishing you lots of luck, whatever decision you make. Please just do whatever is truly best for you and bub!
    Spend the next few days reflecting on what has happened and consider your options and possible outcomes. You are a woman; you are worth everything good; you are strong and you can do anything! Don't forget that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have just read through this thread. So glad to hear you're taking some time away to think. I agree with all the other posters in this thread.

I am concerned about his 3 boys though. I do hope someone is taking care of them. Is their mum in the picture at all? Grandparents? I hope they're ok too.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (12-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just read through this thread too and just wanted to add my support and say that what you’ve done is really brave and definitely the right thing. I also wanted to second the advice to get some independent counselling to help you work through what your next steps should be. I think that this would be especially useful for you since there seems to be quite a significant power imbalance in the relationship – not just because of your age difference, but because you moved into his house (hence he can set the rules), and he has the support of his brother living there with you, while you have no one. Being pregnant makes you especially vulnerable both emotionally and physically, so you really need to have someone impartial that you can talk to who wont try to manipulate you or make you feel bad. A counsellor will just help you work through what will be best for you in the long term.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Meg2 For This Useful Post:

jellybeanicecream  (13-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    Have just read through this thread. So glad to hear you're taking some time away to think. I agree with all the other posters in this thread.

I am concerned about his 3 boys though. I do hope someone is taking care of them. Is their mum in the picture at all? Grandparents? I hope they're ok too.
    Your concern is valid, but the OP really needs to put herself first at the moment. Hopefully there is another responsible adult on the scene who can take care of the kids, or perhaps their father will be fine once the OP is not there to fall back on. But, Youngmummy2bee is in a very vulnerable position right now and taking responsibility for his children may stop her making the right decision for her own future.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Meg2 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (12-03-2013),Kiplusthree  (12-03-2013),Luvmydogs  (13-03-2013),moongazer  (12-03-2013),OJandMe  (14-03-2013)