+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    May I ask how old your dh is?
    28. Yea I know there is a age gap but its never mattered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And before anyone says it. I know I'm a young dumb idiot. I'm feeling it pretty bad at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Youngmummy2bee View Post
    And before anyone says it. I know I'm a young dumb idiot. I'm feeling it pretty bad at the moment.
    So you got with him at 15, yes?
    I don't think anyone would say that, we're trying to be supportive

4. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah at 15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    After I read how old you are, then assuming that he's older due to the age of his children, it made me think of my friend.

A friend of mine started dating a much older guy at 14. She thought she was mature for her age, she was ready for an adult relationship, all of the usual things you hear when a young girl gets with someone considerably older.
    They stayed together for 5 years and had moved in together when she was 16... All was good, until she turned 18 and was less reliant on him. He became controlling and eventually abusive until she left.
    She now truly believes he was with her because of the limitations her age had on her self suffiency; the fact that she was a child.

I really think you need to stay with your family for a few days hun, you have a baby to think of.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (12-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't have any advice, but sending lots of hugs x

Hope he snaps out of soon, or at least talks about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Youngmummy2bee View Post
    I've read through the thread and I just wanted to stop you here. You are not a young dumb idiot at all. You're a young woman caring for your partners children and expecting your first baby. Please be gentle on yourself. Hope the situation improves for you.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to peasmum For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (10-03-2013),CazHazKidz  (12-03-2013),FearlessLeader  (10-03-2013),Gandalf  (10-03-2013),Kiplusthree  (10-03-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (09-03-2013),moongazer  (10-03-2013),MsTruth  (10-03-2013),Pixie83  (11-03-2013),Rutabaga  (10-03-2013),SoThisIsLove  (10-03-2013),VanityFey  (10-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think you're a young dumb idiot.

You sound mature and caring. I think he sounds like an immature and nasty individual. There's just no excuse. At the very least I would hope he would be extremely sorry for this and seek help for himself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You are not dumb. Please do not think that about yourself. Your Dp is the one acting like an idiot at the moment.

Please consider what the other ladies have mentioned, I know you said your family is a few hours away but that seems like the best place to be now.

Take care. I hope that your Dp wakes up to himself very soon and realises just what he is risking losing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're not dumb, or an idiot. You are young, which means there are a lot of things you haven't experienced yet in life, which isn't anything to be ashamed of, it's how we all start out. When I was your age I wanted to believe the best in people and I put up with things that make me wish I could go back in time and shake myself.

I believe that if you work up the courage to get away from this man, you will end up with a happier life than if you don't. I know he was much nicer to you before, but what I think is that you were his wildest dream then, a young, fun half-girl, half-woman he could have in his bed and show off to his friends. But when you became pregnant, you changed in his eyes. Suddenly you were a mother-to-be, his life was heading in a less sexy, more domestic direction, probably more like what he had with his ex. So suddenly you start seeing a contempt for women that never seemed to be there before.

You are growing up as a woman and he doesn't want that. That's my guess, anyway, based on the behaviour you described. You deserve so much better...please don't wait until you've had years of unhappiness with him to work that out.

You deserve much better than this.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jellybeanicecream For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (10-03-2013),Mod-Degrassi  (10-03-2013),OJandMe  (14-03-2013),SuperGranny  (11-03-2013)