+ Reply to Thread
    Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How often do you replace your hair straightener?

I straightened my hair this morning for the first time in MANY months and I just got to wondering, how often should you replace your hair straightener?

I've had mine for about 6 years now and while it still seems to work fine I have to wonder if there's a better one out there. It has shiny metal plates so there's no ceramic peel or product burn on the plates and I love the fact that it has a variable heat setting but really, how the heck would I know if it's still doing the same job it did 6 years ago?
    I mean my hair is straight and it seemed to get hot enough but is there some sort of shelf life on these kind of products? I have no idea!

So how much time do you think is reasonable to have a straightener before you consider replacing it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never thought about it. I've had mine for 5 years and its still in perfect condition. I don't use it all that much so hope I get a few more years out of it yet!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    When it stops working..lol.

I've never had one last that long. They all seem to die within the year. Although the last one i bought was a cheap $40 one and it's still going strong a couple of years on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had a GHD for about 4 years. Had it repaired once under warranty but it's still going strong. I use it 2-3 times a week. Love it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive had my GHD's for 7 years They still work fine.