+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for everyone's replies. I wasn't meaning to judge other parents who use bouncers etc, (would be a bit stupid as we are using them), just that it's not the path I thought we'd go down. You really have no idea what parenthood is going to be like until you experience it. I really thought I knew pretty much all there is to know about babies, until I had one. The reality of having a real, live little human to care for is quite a shock - mainly the emotional health of the child is something I didn't think would be such a great responsibility as it has turned out. When I was sitting on the floor having a cry yesterday PND was the first thing that came into my mind, but I wondered if it could hit all of a sudden 4 months on, and turn on and off like that? I don't really know much about it. I don't feel depressed at all right now, but it's the weekend and DH is home, so come Monday I may feel completely overwhelmed again. I'm just going to try to relax about the whole thing, and not worry so much about the specifics, but try to be as loving and patient as possible. In the end all that other stuff is really just detail, and probably not worth worrying about as much as I was. Thanks again for all the advice/ kind words, will take it all on board.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I suffer from PND, I have learnt that a happy mum also means a happy bub. If your baby is happy sitting in the bouncer playing and it gives you a little break what's the harm. Sometimes when DS2 (5 months old) gets cranky I will pop him on his play mat under his toys and he loves it. Have you spoken to your DH about how you are feeling? If you find your having more days like this maybe talk to your GP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I will definitely keep an eye on it - hoping it was just a once off.
    I ring my DH a couple of times a day, and I always tell him if I feel I'm not coping so great, but he's not really very emotionally supportive so not really much help there. (He means well just doesn't know what to say).

babalooba is offline Being a brother is better than being a superhero
    Thanks
    Reviews
    When it comes down to it all that matters is that your child is fed and feels safe, secure and loved. When they are 30 years old they aren't going to look back and say "I'm really glad my parents used cloth/only gave me wooden toys/didn't put me in a pram."

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babalooba For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (10-03-2013),Maybelline  (10-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't panic too much, I always laugh internally at people's ideas of how they will parent until the baby gets there and reality sets in, I'm not saying don't strive for what you want I'm just saying if that's not working for you, just go with the flow spend more time enjoying your little human than panicking about what you are doing " wrong". I vividly remember saying no way would I have a toddler with a dummy. She's three on Sunday and she's currently sucking away, it makes my life easier so I do it lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PipersMummy For This Useful Post:

InWatermelonSugar  (12-03-2013)