+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you like your babies' clothes plain or fancy?

Just wondering if anyone else bought a lot of 'pretty' outfits for their baby and then regretted it. I had been collecting clothes for years for my future babies, before I got pregnant, and among them quite a few very cute little outfits like pretty dresses, or tops and frilly bloomers etc, and she keeps just growing out of them and they get packed away again before she's even worn them because they're so impractical (especially in a carrier) and mostly just look stupid on her because she's so little and can't walk yet etc. Wish I'd just stocked up on plain onesies instead. I don't even like to put her in onesies with pictures on them, because they've either got that mesh stuff on the inside where the sewing is - uncomfortable - or that paint type stuff on the front. Am I crazy or do other mums feel this way too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I like 100% cotton clothes for my babies. I like them to be pretty with frills etc but not the stuck on pictures etc.

I find until they are sitting up well and crawling I will only use comfortable clothes on them (no dresses etc) once they can sit I get a bit more fancy with them then when walking its all pretty frills etc. but no I don't like logos, sayings, Disney characters etc. I like more hand made sort if clothing. I think it generally wears better also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I like well made plain-ish clothes on kids under 1. My girls lived in onesies but I tended to buy Eeni Meenhi or other brands that made them in more subdued colours. DD1 also wore bonds in her first year because they were still good quality back then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think that nothing looks worse on a baby than OTT outfits. It's tacky and trashy. I don't see the point.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

InWatermelonSugar  (09-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I think that nothing looks worse on a baby than OTT outfits. It's tacky and trashy. I don't see the point.
    I know you're just having a go from the other post, but I actually agree with this, (whether you do or not).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think fancy means different things to different people. I mostly had my dd in plain clothes under that age of 1, but I definitely had some pretty dresses that she wore for special occasions. I loved those dresses and she could crawl quite well in a dress too! I love pretty things and pretty or plain she grew out of them quickly, so that was just part of life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by InWatermelonSugar View Post
    I know you're just having a go from the other post, but I actually agree with this, (whether you do or not).
    Lol. My kids also have an iPad. Clearly there isn't too much we agree on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Plain clothes here. I hate all the Dora and barbie stuff out there!

Busy-Bee is online now Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    My kids only had plain clothes, in fact they really only have plain clothes now. My DD has a few dresses but I've never actually bought her a dress (except the one for her first birthday which she didn't appreciate at all! ) The dresses she does have are very short because she is a climber and it's not really practical to climb whist you're wearing a long dress. I put little bloomers on underneath, very cute. DS lived/lives in cotton shorts and t-shirts and DD mostly wears the same. As babies they mostly wore plain onsies and rompers with one or two cute outfits for when I was feeling cr@ppy or they were going somewhere special.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As a little girl I was a girlie girl. If I wasn't so overweight at the moment I'd wear more girlie things...

Anyhow my little girl has a mixture, we have homely, practical items and we have items that are for parties etc. a little bit of everything now she is one.