March 2013

Re: Seeking a parent/baby couple for an infant observation

Dear Expectant Parents,

I am a clinical psychologist and trainee in the Professional Training Program in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy with the Victorian Association of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapists (VAPP). As part of this training I need to undertake an infant observation.

I am seeking a willing parent-baby couple (primary caregiver can be either mother or father) who I could observe, for one hour a week during the first year of the baby’s life. The purpose is to observe the unfolding relationship and emotional development of the baby. Ideally, your baby would be due between now and early May 2013. I would prefer a couple in the inner north or northern suburbs of Melbourne as I live in the Brunswick/Coburg area, but would be happy to hear from any interested parents.

Although it would be ideal for me to meet parents prior to their baby’s birth, I can commence the observation with a newborn. I would like to start the observation as soon as possible after the baby’s birth, but this depends on what suits the parents and it’s entirely up to them when the observation starts. Many mothers who have been involved in an infant observation have reported valuing weekly visits from someone who is friendly, non-judgmental and interested in their baby’s developing personality.

Thank you for considering this request. Please let me know if you are interested – I am happy to provide more information about myself and the observation process and answer any questions interested parents might have.

Kind Regards,

Dr Judy Dunai
Clinical Psychologist

Mob: 0425 707 658
E:
j.dunai@iinet.net.au