+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lovepurplebutterflies View Post
    So did you guys buy the book ????
    Yep I bought the book almost 3 years ago for $25. I have used it for two children now though so $12.50 each child and its so quick that I saved a lot on nappies. Its a very easy read and doesn't take long. Its very repetitive and rather simple in thought (and I thought gee I didn't really need the book) but in actual fact I did. It was great to refer back too. I will use it for this 3rd bub too. Its an ebook (online) so handy.

Yep I felt like giving up after the first day/night but the book stats you may feel like this so I just preserved and it paid off. I was tt with a husband on night shift and an 8 week old newborn so was stuffed as it was. I think to be successful you really do need to get rid of all the nappies in your house so you don't just go back to it when it gets tuff.

Perth WA
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did it with DD at 22 mths. It was great. BUT, she was only dry at night for 2 weeks then reverted back and she still isn't dry at night and she's nearly 5! Tried a couple of times but she got too upset. She's a big water drinker and though I try to cut it down after a certain time at night she still has a mega full nappy. Sometimes think I should've waited until she was a bit older and maybe we could have conquered day and night.

Central Queensland
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep! Worked amazingly on DS. Can't remember exactly how old he was... I'm guessing between 2 and 2y2m, cos DD was still tiny while I did it, and BFing for an hour at a time.
    He had wees down pat on the first day, but poop took 5 days. All it took was once though. Once he did that first poop that was it. He had random wet nights for a while, he'd go 2 weeks and then have a random pee, but I wasn't too concerned and now he only ever has a rare accident, and usually only if he is particularly exhausted. I think he sleeps so deeply he doesn't feel the need to go. It's super rare though. I do remember wanting to throw in the towel a few times when he just wouldn't poop in the toilet.

We have not started with DD, but we have used the language (I.e. you tell me if you need to go, rather than 'do you need to go' and she has already kind of begun self training. I've been putting it off, I don't know why. But in a month or so I will come back and say whether it worked for her.

Thanks for this thread! After reading it a couple of weeks ago, I decided to give it a try with DD (18 months) and got the book. It only took 2 days for her to stop weeing on the floor and tell me when she needs to go. It's a week today since she had her last accident and I'm so proud of her.

Poos seem to be trickier though.....

ETA: I didn't attempt night training because she still has milk to go to sleep, so I don't think you need to do it all at once if that doesn't suit you. Throwing out all the nappies was just way too intimidating for me!
    Last edited by Cdro; 26-03-2013 at 15:29.

Bayside Brisbane
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, worked for my son at 22 months.

I followed it loosly, didn't buy the book, just read up on the methods and adapted it.

Luckily haven't needed it for my girl as she's toilet trained herself at 20 months