+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Clicky hips...

Has anybody had a bub whose hips have made a clicky sound and it turned out to be fine?

I can hear DDs (11 weeks) hip click when she moves. DH commented on it this morning so if he has heard it then it must be noticeable.

I've made an appointment with our GP which is 10 days away. I'm just feeling very worried

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD had a clicky and tight hip at around that age. It wasn't that noticeable, the nurse could kind of feel it click rather that it being loud enough to hear if that makes sense.

We got a scan and it was fine, it never caused her any issues as she got older.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

thepouts  (08-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS3 has clicky hips, and one clicky knee. MCHN and GP have both assured me he's fine, and he's crawling and standing up to things ok, so I'm not worried (he's nearly 7 months). If you're super worried, can you get to see your MCHN before your GP appointment?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LlamaMa For This Useful Post:

thepouts  (08-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD has clicky knees. They're so loud you can hear the click on the other side of the room! She's 4 months old and we have an appointment for an ultrasound next week. They haven't stopped her doing anything yet..! She semi commando crawls, stands with limited support for quite a while and doesn't seem to have any pain so we're just getting them checked 'in case'.
    If they don't seem to be causing any issues try not to stress till you see someone about them heaps of kids have 'clicks bits' and as far as I know most (or all) of them turn out fine!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gongmummy For This Useful Post:

thepouts  (08-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I could never hear my daughter's hip click (or clunk as the GP said) but after being sent for an ultrasound and X-ray, turned out she had hip dysplasia in her left hip - quite badly too. So if you can hear any clicking at all, I'd be inclined to ask your GP for a referral for an ultrasound - they probably will send you for one anyway. Our DD's wasn't picked up til five months so don't stress about waiting ten days, if bubs does have hip dysplasia, it won't make a different in the long run - just better to pick it up and treat it now before they start to walk which is when more issues can arise.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jessbaby For This Useful Post:

thepouts  (08-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    PS I noticed you said DD - girls are most like to develop hip dysplasia especially if they are breech (not necessarily born breech but turned late - DD turned at 30 weeks), big (my DD was 9lb4oz) and first born. All the more reason to get it checked out thoroughly with scans. Hope that helps!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jessbaby For This Useful Post:

thepouts  (08-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry one more thing, the orthopaedic surgeon that we see now assures me there is no pain involved at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessbaby View Post
    PS I noticed you said DD - girls are most like to develop hip dysplasia especially if they are breech (not necessarily born breech but turned late - DD turned at 30 weeks), big (my DD was 9lb4oz) and first born. All the more reason to get it checked out thoroughly with scans. Hope that helps!
    I was told the same thing. DD was a first child and was breech until very late - I think about 36/37 weeks from memory. The paed actually noticed she had a tight hip at her discharge check up and checked it again at her 6wk check. He wasn't too concerned but the MCHN encouraged us to get the ultrasound. As I said above, it was all good.

Good luck.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

thepouts  (08-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had clicky hips when I was born. Mine were pretty bad, mum said she had to double blog me to keep the hip joints in. Which worked fine haven't had any issues. I say its been an advantage lol when I was a teenager and with dancing I could do alor of hip movements others couldn't haha just get her checked from your GP to assure uourslf that everything is ok

I'm 22 & DP is also 22
    1 fur baby

TTC baby number one.

Dec12 - BFN
    Jan13 - ??

*babydust*

16. The Following User Says Thank You to GDYB03 For This Useful Post:

thepouts  (08-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cue - so lucky she was fine! Our DD's wasn't picked up at all til five months. Now she's been in a brace for 12 weeks and six to go!!!