+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsOhara View Post
    I hate it, and it seems to happen far too often at the preschool the twins go to.
    One of my friends knowingly dropped her daughter off when she had gastro last week.
    Of course my pair caught it and brought it home for myself and 13 week old DD to catch. I just had a curette and my stomach hurt so bad.

Some may not have many options but it is so unfair to put other parents in the same position and to also leave your poor child there sick.
    Lol I think I know you. Does your name start with a B???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    It's not ok and the staff shouldn't have to put up with that.

And I just wanted to say as a "working mum" I now refuse to take the blame for sick kids in child care/school. I have never, ever sent my child to CC/school unwell and if he has even vomited once I keep him home for the entire next day so he can recover/not pass it on. I refuse to cop the working parents line any more because I have personally witnessed just as many non-working parents dropping off sick kids.

/rant.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (08-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpmakes2 View Post
    Lol I think I know you. Does your name start with a B???
    Ha I think I know who you are too! I will PM you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    It's not ok and the staff shouldn't have to put up with that.

And I just wanted to say as a "working mum" I now refuse to take the blame for sick kids in child care/school. I have never, ever sent my child to CC/school unwell and if he has even vomited once I keep him home for the entire next day so he can recover/not pass it on. I refuse to cop the working parents line any more because I have personally witnessed just as many non-working parents dropping off sick kids.

/rant.
    Oh my goodness so people generally blame the working parents? How ridiculous!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Oh my goodness so people generally blame the working parents? How ridiculous!
    It *always* comes up in these threads. Getting pretty old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    It *always* comes up in these threads. Getting pretty old.
    It's because we don't love our kids as much lol! JOKE!! Just being tongue in cheek

Thanks
    Reviews
    After working in childcare before my son was born I was really worried about sending him to kindy thank god at his family daycare all the parents respect the rules and don't send their child if there's even so much as a slightly runny nose.

I have witnessed first hand children in daycare who have needed to be taken to hospital with things like pneumonia and bronchiolitus yet the parents still sent them knowing full well they were very sick! I could never leave my son with anyone else when he's sick all he wants is mummy cuddles and rest

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    It's because we don't love our kids as much lol! JOKE!! Just being tongue in cheek
    Haha so so true. We just haven't, you know, sacrificed as much for our kids.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

kw123  (08-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate when people take their sick kids around anyone, let alone a building full of babies and children. It's inconsiderate and dangerous.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

beebs  (08-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is a tricky one. I would never take DS when I know he is sick but since starting a few months ago when he was 8mo he has pretty much had a runny nose everyday since, so I can't keep him home for this. He has also had hand foot and mouth twice and chicken pix once (great luck I know!). The difficult part with these is you don't actually know they are sick until after they are ready contagious and have spread the bugs.

Last week I took him for the first time since he turned 1 and he was being realy grumpy and clingy the day before. This also conicided with a heap of house guests departing (nanny, aunties etc) so I thought he was a bit sad to be just back to me and was missing all the extra cuddles etc. I sat with his careers and talked about what he had been doing. We took his temp and gave him a once over and then agreed he was physically fine but just a bit flat so he stayed at day care and mostly had a fun day. Turns out it was the start of hand foot and mouth but we had no way of knowing. I feel terrible but can't keep him home on days he is grumpy or sad can I?!?