+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I never got one during either pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got my first tiny one at 23wks with DS1 and it just got worse from there. After DS1 was born, my poor belly looks like a disgusting deflated balloon covered in stretch marks
    I'm prone to getting stretch marks very easy though.

Sent from my LG-P705 using BubHub

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow I started to get mine at about 8-9 weeks. My belly popped suddenly, DH saw them before I did cause they were under my belly. My GYN said they are genetic so I should thank my parents. If your mum was different then you may have gotten that gene from your dads side.

I have also heard that a few people don't get them until labour, or they can worsen from labour.

Either way if your gonna get them, your gonna get them. No point crying over something you can't control. I wear my tiger stripes with pride. It took me 7 years of TTC to get them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got mine AFTER DS was born. There I was all pregnancy thinking how Lucky I am not to have stretch marks and then they make their appearance once I'm no longer pregnant. I got them from the rapid weight loss. Mind you, I then gained weight after losing.. But now I'm 10kg lighter than I was pre-1st preg and still have those stretchies. I only have them on my hips though ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Somewhere after 30 weeks...
    It started with one little mark on the side of my belly, then a couple on either side, and I ended up covered them by the time bub was born (40 weeks).
    Got a few on my boobs as well after she was born.
    Guess I'm lucky in that it doesn't bother me though

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was in the first month mine appeared. I got them on my thighs and button. After that month however I haven't gotten anymore. I think it was just the qui8ck growth spurt I had; went up a pants size in a matter of weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ob told me not to bother with creams, as they're genetic(she has 30yrs experience plus 5 kids) - but i still did as u liked having my partner rub my tummy

First child - like a week before she came out I got them around my belly button , they were lightish and faded after she was born.

Second child - by around 32 weeks the same ones as before had re-appeared but I'm now 39w4d and am getting new ones - lower tummy and hips ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a few on my hips and thighs. Don't recall what timing they came up. The few on my stomach (which faded and not noticable until now that my stomach is getting bigger with next pregnancy) came up around my due date, since my son was overdue. Some on my boobs, but these have all but disappeared now that they're getting bigger again.

Mine faded pretty well, hoping that will be true again, as I expect there will be a lot more on my stomach this time around with twins.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had DS at 42 weeks, put on over 20kg during the pregnancy and not one stretch mark. My tummy skin is nearly back to how it was pre-baby. I must have super stretchy skin

I did put nice handmade body butter on every couple of days once I was on maternity leave (36 weeks plus) as the skin was getting dry and itchy.

I've always had very faint silvery stretch marks on my bum and thighs from growing, so I assumed I would get some on my tummy. I was very surprised I didn't.