+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just turned 2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also taking photos of the different activities you like and then printing them out and sorting them into a routine for the afternoon, like first paddling pool, then books, then playdough. Might help him stay on something just a bit longer if there's a visual reminder of where you're up to and whats coming up? Of course your routine can go out the window at any time with that age group might be worth a try.

~~you don't get to choose your consequences - only your actions~~

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks everyone, I think a. 'Routine' for this is a good idea. That way I have a plan each day for just in case

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Painting in the shower- we have a nearly 3 and a nearly 2 year old. I strip them off and toss them in with a cup of paint each- it amuses them for 30 min and at the end I turn the shower on give them a sponge each and they clean the paint off the walls and wash themselves

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meags82 View Post
    Painting in the shower- we have a nearly 3 and a nearly 2 year old. I strip them off and toss them in with a cup of paint each- it amuses them for 30 min and at the end I turn the shower on give them a sponge each and they clean the paint off the walls and wash themselves
    That's brilliant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have not done this yet but I saw it on Pinterest . It's a paint activity with zero mess. You get 4 pieces of white or colored paper. You tape them down on your table. Next you get 4 snap lock sandwich bags or A4 sized food bags ( large sandwich bags) you put in each bag 2 blobs of coloured paint. Different in eac bag. Then you snap lock them lay them flat and tape all edges to the paper. Kid can mix paint until his heart is content and no mess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babynomad View Post
    I have not done this yet but I saw it on Pinterest . It's a paint activity with zero mess. You get 4 pieces of white or colored paper. You tape them down on your table. Next you get 4 snap lock sandwich bags or A4 sized food bags ( large sandwich bags) you put in each bag 2 blobs of coloured paint. Different in eac bag. Then you snap lock them lay them flat and tape all edges to the paper. Kid can mix paint until his heart is content and no mess.
    Heh heh I don't think my DD would fall for that. She knows when she's making a real mess!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our crèche does that with paint in the baby room and my evil children try to pop the bag lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduckgoose View Post
    Loads of stuff:

Make things out of boxes. Yesterday I made DS a "mailbox" and he has been posting letters (and toys) all day
    Gluing things on paper plates, painting and play dough
    Cooking with mummy or cooking in his toy kitchen
    Water play. Let him water the garden with his hose
    Fill a baking tray with rice for his diggers and trucks to dig in
    Sorting buttons by colour into cups
    Blocks and puzzles
    Making a cubby house out of the couch cushions
    Chasing and tickling
    Playing shops or pretending to be firefighters or trucks (eg I am a dump truck and DS is a digger)
    And lots of helping with housework. He has a step he stands on while I do dishes and he "cleans" the bench. He passes me pegs when I hang out the washing etc

Also we go to the library, park, kindergym etc. Or just for a milkshake or look at the ducks. Not nearly as much since dd came along though as she is a horror out and about.

Pinterest has lots of ideas for entertaining toddlers.
    These are all fabulous ideas. My todder also helps me in the house.

so tomorrow we have planned to make bread and hot cross buns in the morning. DD1 helps me knead and she shapes her own bread rolls that I bake. We then eat our goodies for afternoon tea.

We also every afternoon will do something outdoors even if its pouring. gum boots for the toddler with a rain coat and we go and splash in puddles etc. ATM we go to feed some ducks in a park near us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Painting, playdough, sandpit, baking, playing outside, playing cars, reading, drawing, pasting, going for a walk, swimming, a play with the hose outside (waters lawn at the same time), visit friends, library, building block towers, puzzles, hide and seek, park. Lots of things. Don't worry about mess