+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yes im committed to her plagroup days. im up at 6am getting myself presentable and we run around like headless chooks to still be 15mins late all the time lol. i also think its important to allow ds days at home where he can find his own routine. its all harder then i imagined.
    i miss being able to take dd to the park cos its a nice morning..but ds is asleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It gets easier, it really does.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    It is really hard.
    Could you just cut the breastfed short and feed again once you get where you going? I do this (out of necessity) sometimes.
    Sometimes you just have to upset the routine, it might not be ideal but bub will be fine.

yah iv done this and ended up having to feed him during playgroup - dd was left alone while all the other kids had their mums to dance with ect..i felt so sorry for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    is the park walking distance? Maybe, if it is a nice day, pop him into his pram to go to sleep instead of his bed and then, once you and DD ready...just walk down with the pram.

Or, get a good sling/carrier...i got ready with DD attached...a lot.

I used to leave earlier than i needed to if we were ready. Like, as soon as DD had finished her feed...even if it meant we were 30 mins or so early. Then i could feed at my leisure while waiting for what ever it was to start and DS could play in the playground or what ever.

You will find your balance, the 2nd bub does make it harder...but, just like with bubs #1, you have to learn and you will stuff things up and then find a better way. Don't be too hard on yourself!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Muffet  (07-03-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Maybe you could learn to feed in a sling, so you could pop DS in the sling and feed on the go, if there's somewhere to go within walking distance, or a bus ride away. Or will he settle in the car capsule if you have one? Put him down in that and just pop him in the car when it's time to go.
    This is the only good thing about having a rubbish cat nappy sleeper who only sleeps in the sling, it doesn't effect us being able to go out as H sleeps badly everywhere, lol.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Muffet  (07-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Maybe you could learn to feed in a sling, so you could pop DS in the sling and feed on the go, if there's somewhere to go within walking distance, or a bus ride away. Or will he settle in the car capsule if you have one? Put him down in that and just pop him in the car when it's time to go.
    This is the only good thing about having a rubbish cat nappy sleeper who only sleeps in the sling, it doesn't effect us being able to go out as H sleeps badly everywhere, lol.
    working on feeding in sling...it takes some skill lol

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Muffet View Post
    working on feeding in sling...it takes some skill lol
    Yeah, I haven't mastered it either!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    As much as getting up earlier sux, can u get up earlier and get yourself ready b4 the kids wake up? Would that help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It does get easier. What about going out later in the afternoons? There's nothing wrong with a playground trip at 4pm. We often go to the playground at 6pm actually!

As for never waking a sleeping baby, unfortunately with #2 that won't be possible, but would I wake bub to just go to the park, probably not.

Have you looked for some fresh ideas on what to do at home? Having some new activities to do with your 2yo might brighten your days a bit. If you are on pinterest there are HEAPS of great ideas on there. I know being stuck at home can be frustrating but on the up side it sounds like you are getting to have some one on one time with your 2yo which is great for both of you.

When my dd was a bub I had to get out of the house twice a day for the school run and I had to wake her usually at least once a day & it wasn't a disaster usually, as it forced her into a routine that worked for us. If she was still awake in the morning after drop off I'd usually make a run for the shops or wherever I needed to go and if she fell asleep on the way home then she'd just end up in her cot at home.

Hope you feel less trapped soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It does get easier. What about going out later in the afternoons? There's nothing wrong with a playground trip at 4pm. We often go to the playground at 6pm actually!

As for never waking a sleeping baby, unfortunately with #2 that won't be possible, but would I wake bub to just go to the park, probably not.

Have you looked for some fresh ideas on what to do at home? Having some new activities to do with your 2yo might brighten your days a bit. If you are on pinterest there are HEAPS of great ideas on there. I know being stuck at home can be frustrating but on the up side it sounds like you are getting to have some one on one time with your 2yo which is great for both of you.

When my dd was a bub I had to get out of the house twice a day for the school run and I had to wake her usually at least once a day & it wasn't a disaster usually, as it forced her into a routine that worked for us. If she was still awake in the morning after drop off I'd usually make a run for the shops or wherever I needed to go and if she fell asleep on the way home then she'd just end up in her cot at home.

Hope you feel less trapped soon.