+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default how do u get out of the house!!??

i fear my days of getting out of the house for the morning are gone!
    ds seems pretty set with having his morning nap at 9-10.30/11 and dd goes down for her nap at 12- (cant delay this, she's like clock work) till 3pm.
    If i get up at the crack of dawn, (which i do for playgroup days) i can manage it, just. ds will happliy sleep while we r out. i just cant organise the 3 of us to get out for the morning, dd gets bored endlees days at home ds gets grumpy and cries hysterically when he is tired.
    im sure threr is a way around this? im just a bit brain foggy atm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The main thing for me is being organised the night before.

School bag packed (all homework, diary, full water bottle)

Daycare/Preschool bag checked and packed

UNi bag packed for me

Lunch box - all packed apart from sandwich/cut fruit. I make these while I am making breakfast and then DS puts it in his bag on the way out the door.

Clothes laid out for each child the night before.

So, in the morning:

DS (8) gets himself dressed/makes bed/does exercises and then comes out for brekky.

I get up, get dressed, get brekky/lunches made. Then get DD ready, get her to sit on the loo so i can get her dressed.

All of us pile into the car...kids eat brekky on the way.

We can usually all be up, ready and into the car within 30 minutes on a uni day...we have to leave at 7.15am.

On a normal school day, the only difference is that the kids eat brekky at home and DS does some of his homework. Plus we all get up at 7am instead of 6.30am.

It is tough with a little one...but, DS was in Prep when DD was born so by the time she was 1 month old I had to be up and out of the house with both kids by 8.15am. It just takes practice...for everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I just do it - it is madness getting three ready (plus myself) but if i really need/want to get out of the house then i can make it happen. Kind of like how it seems impossible to get the house clean - until someone calls saying they will be over in 30mins and suddenly you manage to get a shed load done and the house looks good by the time they get there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    almost 10 weeks! his sleeps will prob change a bit for a while depending on when he wakes of a morning but the last week hes put himsef into a bit of a sleep routine. i know that when he's older he will prob have 3 day sleeps, th morning one strating at a similar time. dont get me wrong, i love that he's figuring it out but im stuck at home with my 2yr old because i ant get us ready, him fed in time before he gets miserable and i have to out him in sling to sleep. i dont wake sleping babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Maybe organise some playdates at your house? That way bub can sleep and your 2 year old can be entertained by having another little one to play with and you can get some adult company too.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    What time is everyone up, and what needs to be done in the morning for you to leave? Just do the bare minimum before leaving, 2 year old dressed, you dressed, baby's nappy changed. Have breakky out or have toast/dry cereal/fruit in the car. Have the nappy bag ready to go the night before. Teeth can be brushed, dishes done, beds made, all when you get home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    with baby #2, you sort of have to be a bit more mercenary...it is a lovely ideal to not have to wake the sleeping baby, but it is not always reality.

I did as much as I could to let DD sleep, but, DS is important too and I could not have him late to school or (worse) leave him there waiting for me lol

I would pick the things that are important to your 2 year old and commit to those, bubs will have to get used to it on those days. Other things, plan around sleeps when you can.

It has to be about balance - both kids and yourself being important. The older child can not always miss out because of the baby and baby cannot always be woken due to the older one (except in my case because school had to be gotten to lol poor DD). Even now mine are older I still have to weigh things up...DS has to accept that I will not be able to sit and watch all his sports things and DD has to be a bit flexible too. I try and make sure both of them feel special and important and have their needs met to the best of my ability. Weekends often mean DH and going in different directions with 1 kid each...just to make sure they are both happy. Sundays, we try to do something all together...even if that just means hanging out at home and relaxing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    we are all up by 7am, dd 8am. thats the thing FL, im struggling getting out even by doing the bare minimum! some mornings ds wants hr long breastfeeds so i know whn that happens we r not going anywhere.
    i dont have friends to do playdates, the 1 i do have works and her dd is in daycare

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with the past 2 posts. Do the bare minimum to get out of the house. And yep, sometimes the little one just has to fit in. My second got dragged from pillar to post. It wasn't always ideal but sometimes it just had to happen. It's hard work but if you plan ahead it will be worth it for you and your dd. good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is really hard.
    Could you just cut the breastfed short and feed again once you get where you going? I do this (out of necessity) sometimes.
    Sometimes you just have to upset the routine, it might not be ideal but bub will be fine.