+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Exclusive breastfeeding, when baby is less than 6 months of age and your period has not returned is 98% effective to prevent pregnancy, which is equivalent to the pill and other modern methods.

https://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bfi...-contraception

If you really don't want another baby yet, using more than one method of contraception is a good idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    "You better not be" is a bit rich given he was the one putting the pressure on you and he refuses to take some responsibility and wear a condom.

I'm stunned that people get back to sex so soon after having a baby - we were so sleep deprived that any time it even crossed our minds we'd look at each other for a second and then say, "hmm....Nah". Just no energy. I think DS was about 5 months before we DTD The best form of contraception in the world is a colicky baby who insists on sleeping between you and wakes you every two hours!
    Last edited by jellybeanicecream; 08-03-2013 at 01:31.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jellybeanicecream For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (08-03-2013),wktz  (08-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep definitely is possible. My girls are 10 months and 3 weeks apart both born in the same year..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was going to post what Bubbles did. If you're exclusively breastfeeding on demand, it's highly unlikely you'll get pregnant in the first 6 months after birth. There are obviously exceptions to this, but it's rare. And is probably more likely in women who are breastfeeding to a schedule rather than completely on demand.

I didn't get my period back until my son was 1. I was still breastfeeding. By that stage he wasn't feeding through the night and had 2 daytime feeds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds has been sleeping thru the night. that's hat got me worried, ontop of no contraception. I'm feeding on demand but its 2hrly thruout the day like clockwork.
    I just had to know before my dr knew. He will perform a pregnancy test before implanon is inserted.
    Anyways i did a test last night:
    NEGATIVE!
    iVE TOTALLY LEARNT MY LESSON.
    If only my stupid doctor would work longer hrs than 9-3 and u didnt have to book 2 weeks in advance ffs!!! bulk billing bull****.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Few!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So pleased for you - much nicer to have babies when you're ready for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My boys are 10 months apart! mind you i had a lot of family support! Its good now that there 4 & 3 years old!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Glad you got your BFN that you wanted and you can now relax.

In hospital after my 1st bubba my midwife scared me with a story of a woman with babies about 6 months apart. She had one bub at 26 - 28 weeks and at her 6 week checkup she was already pregnant again! Unfortunately she had another premmie at 26 weeks, so the babies were much less than 9 months apart! They both survived, but try & explain to people that your children are 6 months apart in age, but not step-siblings ... that's a challenge & a half!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first two are 13 months apart do not under 12 months but still pretty close next two are 17 months apart. Was still exclusively bfing the 8 month old at least 2-3 hourly overnight when we conceived