+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Great ideas! I'm trialling some fish cakes, zucchini slice and salmon and pea risotto over the next two weeks for him so will see how that goes.

Good ideas for meals for us too. We also do a lot of curries which we make in bulk and can then defrost.

Thanks again! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can anyone tell me how long drop off and pick up usually takes? Not sure how much chat there is, what questions the carers might ask, how much detail I get at pick up, etc?

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I allow 15 / 20 minutes for pick up, and 10 / 15 for drop off, but I've got to stop off in two rooms. DS started around 9 months, one day a week. I took him for his first day, and his carers said that they'd call me to pick him up if he wasn't settling, because they didn't want to make his first day a bad experience. He stayed for 6 hours! Slept better than he does at home, and ate lots of food (they'll give them as much as they want, don't stress ). When I drop off, his DC have a sheet to fill in (time awake, last bottle, how much brekky etc), and any thing I need to tell the carers . They write what (and how much) he ate, nappies, sleep, what they did, and any notes home . It's a great system!
    With the CCR, maybe call the FAO, they'll be able to double check, and set it up for you .
    I pack one change of clothes for him, but when they're moving around & getting messier, then I pop two in. I have each set in a lge zip lock bag, so the dirties can go in there, and not mess anything else. I also have a duplicate teddy just for DC.
    Good luck, I'm sure you'll both be fine! They'll call you if they need to, and feel free to call and check in on him as many times as you need to be happy

Thanks
    Reviews
    All great advice. Pick up and drop off is only as long as you need it to be. For my hubby it's super quick and he is in and out I am more of a chatter, who was her day and this was her in the morning. No more than 5 mins tho.
    My daughter went in at 7months and never had a cold or been sick I was amazed and daycare hit and she got cold and gastro and sniffles and all the good stuff within first 2-3 months. Now she is 14 months and hardly gets anything. She was only in 2 days as well. So be prepared, remember its not your sick days at work but you can take carers or family leave. Your employer should expect it and be prepared, especially with teething if she is having a really unsettled day and they can't calm her they will call. I always tell hubby have your phone on you in care he has to get her. I'm only telling you this as I was the same did t think of sick days and its a shock but gets heaps better.
    I pack 1 change of clothes only, once I forgot and she made a mess and daycare had some clothes for her.
    Pack sleeping stuff with your smell for her, it will be a comfort.
    If she has a dummy give daycare one and they store it and use it only at care, great if you evert forgot to to pack one.
    Good luck, can you put her in a whole day before you start work to adjust? It is hard and just gotta keep busy and remember they usually love it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on your new job!
    Find out your centres procedures with formula. Some want a tin brought in and left there, others are happy with the little 'single serve' formula dispenser thingies.
    Pack more bottles than needed! Just in case one gets dropped or something, this helps the staff by them not having to sterilise it to use it again later.
    I pack 2 sets of clothes for both my kids (3y, and 4mo), and make sure I have extras in case the weather changes. My kids also have a school 'uniform' that I bought at Kmart for cheap... Basically got 5 or 6 of the same tee shirts And shorts, a few jumpers and track suit pants all the same. I just find that it means I don't care about how filthy they get, I know those clothes are only for preschool.
    Don't worry about bub annoying the carers! As a PP said they probably have children that are a lot more full on!
    As for dinners - I cook a lot of stirfries! They're so quick and easy and you can boost them with as much veg as you want!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thanks so much all! It's great to hear all these tips. Will definitely use loads of them.

So nerve wracking!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Tip 1: take tissues
    Tip 2: relax
    Tip 3: remember to enjoy work and don't stress - if anything is wrong they'll call you.

Good luck :-)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

kw123  (08-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And to add to the PP - they will call you if they need you, but don't be afraid to call them if you want to check up on how bub is going!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gongmummy View Post
    And to add to the PP - they will call you if they need you, but don't be afraid to call them if you want to check up on how bub is going!
    Oh I will definitely do this!

The awesome thing is they have an app which can go on my phone or computer which shows me a log of what's going on with him in real time, when he is sleeping, nappy change, what he eats, and they upload pics too! One of my fave things about the centre.

It's not a time waster either - they just type into the app rather than a paper log sheet.

Love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Oh I will definitely do this!

The awesome thing is they have an app which can go on my phone or computer which shows me a log of what's going on with him in real time, when he is sleeping, nappy change, what he eats, and they upload pics too! One of my fave things about the centre.

It's not a time waster either - they just type into the app rather than a paper log sheet.

Love it!
    That is great! So useful too, I often forget to ask when he's slept etc so can be a bit unsure when he's home - is he tired, hungry etc..