+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think the note was uncalled for. But I do see many, many people who unnecessarily park in PWP spots and it ticks me off (think middle aged people on their own).

I haven't used one of those spots for a long time, even though I have a 3yo and think I should still be 'allowed' to. 1) he is still in a car seat, requiring me to buckle him in. And 2) he walks everywhere now and car parks aren't the safest place for small people.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pretty petty note, but people are definitely petty about those spots!! I went Christmas shopping with my then 6 month DS and DH and a little while before we left DS lost the plot so DH was carrying him and we'd put stuff that we bought in the pram. When we were walking out to the car I was a couple of meters in front of my boys and I passed these two middle aged ladies. DH was prob juuuust behind them with bub and they started carrying on about how rude I was for taking the pram in with no baby just so I could have one of those spots. They shut their stupid mouths pretty quick when DH asked them exactly what they would call our DS!! Dumb *****es!

I think people parking in disabled spots when they aren't disabled is bad form though, especially when there usually isn't very many of them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubintummy For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In not really bothered as long as they have A child with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    Personally I think parents with prams spots should be gotten rid of so they can be eliminated as a point of conversation.

I really can't believe anyone anywhere really cares who parks it them.
    Until bubhub I didn't even know they were a point of conversation.

Shopping in Perth seems to be a dream compared to the rest of the country. We have more disabled parking at our local shops than I've ever seen as well as heaps of pwp parking. And no agro and no note writing. Heaven.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that note was probably left by a mum who was having one of those days..could nt find a spot, saw this person who had a child older than hers go into it and had a wobble. Our local shops have the pwp signs but on them they also say cars without child restrains will be find x about of dollars..so to me that means if your child is still in a car seat you have every right to park there. I do it if its the only spot I can find and my son is almost three..but I won't park in one if I know ill be coming back to the car without him (if going home with grandma instead) as I'm scared of ppl thinking I've parked there without a child. Also, I think once they go to school you probably shouldn't be parking there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post

Shopping in Perth seems to be a dream compared to the rest of the country. We have more disabled parking at our local shops than I've ever seen as well as heaps of pwp parking. And no agro and no note writing. Heaven.
    This note was in Perth

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post

Which shop in Perth has loads of disabled spots ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Karrinyup shopping centre. I'm assuming it's "loads" (your word not mine i said it was more than i'd seen before) because every time I shop there (which is several times a week) they are mostly empty.

Didn't know you were in perth. Check it out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meld85 View Post
    You guys will hate my mum. She always parks in them just herself. Her view is that her generation never got them and had to struggle through the car park without a designated spot. So why should mothers now have the luxury??? Haha and my generation is meant to be the entitled generation.

Although must admit the centre I go to doesn't have many PWP spots and are always taken so I never really have used one so I'm not that fussed really. Wouldn't annoy me if I saw someone without a pram in one. Disabled spots though I would be furious if I saw someone clearly not disabled using one (I know that is tricky cause of presthetics and that)
    Hehe, your mum makes me laugh!

Too true though, they survived without them. Having one or two pram parks are not going to cover the hundreds of mothers etc coming to the shopping centre to shop. Scrap them I say or make them into disabled parking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaJez View Post
    This note was in Perth
    Well at our shops pwp parking is usually full but there are lots of them (by that I mean at least 3 in each parking area). I couldn't believe whitfords has an entire parking area devoted to pwp and disabled parking which is in the shade.