+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Agree with others that have mentioned they are simply there for courtesy, and the author of the note has too much time on their hands.
    I rarely parked in them when my kids were "pram age" anyway, as the ones here weren't wider than a normal park - just closer to the entrance.

Sent from my LT15i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've written a note and placed it on the windscreen of a car without any baby seats in it and i would do it again too, if it makes someone think twice about putting my children's safety at risk, your damn right I will write a note. Having a child is not a special right to anything, it's your choice to have a baby but the rudeness and lack of thought for people who need extra space to set up a pram (in my case a land barge) should be done in a SAFE space and that is why I get wild about non-children totting individuals parking there 2 seaters in a park made for the safe transfer of a child/children from the car into the shopping centre.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    One way to settle this,

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1362566614.772257.jpg

I must remember to bring my flat bottomed sailboat to the shops next time I want one of those spots, like the matriarch who posted that finely worded note on the back of some binned cardboard.

I mean it does say a synonym for pram is stroller so she can't possibly be being a A.hole over her using the stroller..

Must be the sailboat! For sure!

Sent from my iPhone :-)

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Twoalready For This Useful Post:

Ashfirst  (08-03-2013),Ashram  (07-03-2013),cluckcluck  (06-03-2013),Disbride  (06-03-2013),jagamoe  (06-03-2013),Mod-Myztik  (06-03-2013),Mod-Uniquey  (07-03-2013),risfaerie  (07-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would have felt almost violated if I had found that on my car.

Yes the PWP is provided as a courtesy by the shopping centre but I do get annoyed if I see people who are clearly childless at the time using the parking spot. I think that anybody who has a child pre school age should be entitled to use the parking space, regardless whether they choose to use a pram or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by tw1nmummy View Post
    I've written a note and placed it on the windscreen of a car without any baby seats in it and i would do it again too, if it makes someone think twice about putting my children's safety at risk, your damn right I will write a note. Having a child is not a special right to anything, it's your choice to have a baby but the rudeness and lack of thought for people who need extra space to set up a pram (in my case a land barge) should be done in a SAFE space and that is why I get wild about non-children totting individuals parking there 2 seaters in a park made for the safe transfer of a child/children from the car into the shopping centre.
    But this isnt what happened in the OP? Completely different situation.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoalready View Post
    One way to settle this,

Attachment 32991

I must remember to bring my flat bottomed sailboat to the shops next time I want one of those spots, like the matriarch who posted that finely worded note on the back of some binned cardboard.

I mean it does say a synonym for pram is stroller so she can't possibly be being a A.hole over her using the stroller..

Must be the sailboat! For sure!

Sent from my iPhone :-)
    Love it! I'm thinking about printing out a few copies and posting them below the pwp signs just for clarification!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    When your friend parked there did she suspect her daughter may not use the stroller? Or did this defence only come to light when she got busted?
    - genuine question .. My view hinges on this point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I would never write a note and put it on someone car - I think that is rude.

I don't know if there have no car seat in their car because they have taken it out to swap cars Eg from my life... I took the kids to shop and than Nana offered to baby sit so dh and I could have a rare night out. I went and move the seat into her car before she had a chance to change her mind

Thanks
    Reviews
    Having a toddler who is a bit of a runner, I feel more grateful for the spots now, than when he confined to a pram. He was safer being pushed across the carpark, than he is either squirming out of my arms or making a dash for it.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ManchesterLass For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-03-2013),White Mage  (07-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You guys will hate my mum. She always parks in them just herself. Her view is that her generation never got them and had to struggle through the car park without a designated spot. So why should mothers now have the luxury??? Haha and my generation is meant to be the entitled generation.

Although must admit the centre I go to doesn't have many PWP spots and are always taken so I never really have used one so I'm not that fussed really. Wouldn't annoy me if I saw someone without a pram in one. Disabled spots though I would be furious if I saw someone clearly not disabled using one (I know that is tricky cause of presthetics and that)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meld85 For This Useful Post:

patsmum  (06-03-2013),VanityFey  (07-03-2013)