+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 181
  1. #171
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,287
    Thanks
    391
    Thanked
    479
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I don't understand, why is it ok to not like PT because it has no air conditioning but things like them not running on time/children going feral etc not ok? Lol. I don't get it?!

    I prefer PT, I used to love that time to myself to read a book and listen to ipod.
    Ugh the trains running late was the worst part about it. Especially here in Perth. I reckon their was an issue with them atleast once a week.

  2. #172
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    10,495
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked
    9,003
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    E
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I don't understand, why is it ok to not like PT because it has no air conditioning but things like them not running on time/children going feral etc not ok? Lol. I don't get it?!

    I prefer PT, I used to love that time to myself to read a book and listen to ipod.
    Because kids running feral is about the parents controlling them. The more you do it the better they get at it.

    I obviously have a different view on it

  3. #173
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,012
    Thanks
    14,124
    Thanked
    7,612
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Or people's situations are different than yours. I have four kids, the eldest is 6 and has been referred for asd testing, the middle two are 3 and a half year old twins one with autism and the youngest is 22 months, what you may see as badly behaved, may actually be something like autism. But this does stop me going out with the 4 of them on my own, even in the car. And that is the honest truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    E

    Because kids running feral is about the parents controlling them. The more you do it the better they get at it.

    I obviously have a different view on it

  4. #174
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,287
    Thanks
    391
    Thanked
    479
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In regard to my OP my friend is also very visibly 20 weeks pregnant. Which makes the note writer look even worse.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MummaJez For This Useful Post:

    beebs  (08-03-2013),Benji  (08-03-2013)

  6. #175
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    19,776
    Thanks
    5,212
    Thanked
    7,063
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    E

    Because kids running feral is about the parents controlling them. The more you do it the better they get at it.

    I obviously have a different view on it
    Just sounds easier to drive to me.

  7. #176
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    10,495
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked
    9,003
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Just sounds easier to drive to me.
    I did say that it was. But it's what I'll do because my kids enjoy it and it teaches them PT is a part of our life.

    I have said this many times. I'm repeating myself.

  8. #177
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    10,495
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked
    9,003
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Or people's situations are different than yours. I have four kids, the eldest is 6 and has been referred for asd testing, the middle two are 3 and a half year old twins one with autism and the youngest is 22 months, what you may see as badly behaved, may actually be something like autism. But this does stop me going out with the 4 of them on my own, even in the car. And that is the honest truth.
    No it's not what I see as badly behaved. I was replying to the pp who said they didn't use PT because their kids were difficult on it. Obviously if you have kids with special needs it's completely different.

  9. #178
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,012
    Thanks
    14,124
    Thanked
    7,612
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    No it's not what I see as badly behaved. I was replying to the pp who said they didn't use PT because their kids were difficult on it. Obviously if you have kids with special needs it's completely different.
    Mine are horrifying on it, it think it is the loud noises and all the people etc. my DS1 had a massive meltdown on the train station, it was so bad a man came up and asked if he was schizophrenic

  10. #179
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    9,572
    Thanks
    1,326
    Thanked
    1,476
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mine isn't bad on PT. He finds a seat and looks out most of the trip. I give him snacks when he starts getting roudy. But he has developed travel sickness too now on PT. Especially on long windy bus trips. ****ed off enough bus drivers from him throwing up everywhere.


 

Similar Threads

  1. I know people don't like to hear this...
    By Janesmum123 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 15-12-2012, 13:40
  2. Washing Machines.... need to hear what you have and if you like it
    By neeky in forum Product Recommendations & Questions
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 22:08
  3. Nub experts... I'd love to hear your opinions!
    By mummybird in forum Baby's Gender
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24-04-2012, 22:12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pyjamas.com.au
With so many gorgeous brands and styles for every season, our pyjamas, nighties, robes, sleepsuits and sleeping bags are lovely for lights out and perfect for lazy days. Get 10% off first order using code bubhub. Be quick offer ends 31/12/16.
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Swim Australia
Swim Australia are the leading learn-to-swim experts, and national swim school authority. With over 600 Registered Swim Schools located across the country, through our aquatic education, we aim to build a Safer, Smarter, Stronger nation of swimmers.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!