+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    A squashed kid could be classified as something going wrong. It is just common courtesy to leave those spaces for people with young kids, regardless of if they use the pram or not. I personally think that an able bodied person who doesn't have kids who parks in a pram spot is just rude.

Re public transport, I live regional now (although I grew up in the inner city) and there is no way you could get anything done relying on public transport here. We have no trains, we have a handful of buses that go only a certain way and that have sometimes 4 - 5 hours between. I only got my license when I had to take my DS2 on the bus to emergency - one of those situations where I thought he was ill, but not ill enough to call an ambulance, it took me 45ms to get from one end of the suburb to the other. Not the most pleasant experience to be honest. So I was 32 when I got my first car, had been public transporting my whole life before that, grew up without a car etc. I still maintain the right to ***** about rude people in car parks

Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I guess I don't agree. PT is a pain when something goes wrong. If you have to park a few rows away from the entrance? What's gone wrong there?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (07-03-2013)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Psssst MummaJez, you still out there?

I told you so

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (07-03-2013),MummaJez  (07-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Psssst MummaJez, you still out there?

I told you so
    Lol!! Actually I think it's been quite civil really

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaJez For This Useful Post:

lambjam  (07-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would like to clarify, I don't us Pram parking, there are always way to many people trying to get in and out. I prefer to go to a quieter part of the centre. But I don't begrudge parents who do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaJez View Post
    Lol!! Actually I think it's been quite civil really
    Yes, true! But were you expecting 15 pages? (and counting... )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Yes, true! But were you expecting 15 pages? (and counting... )
    Sure wasn't lol! Although good to hear different opinions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    Ok so am i understanding you correctly, if the car park is in the council control a fine can be issued but only by a council employee? Cos the SC staffer I spoke to was adamant there wasn't a damn thing he could do about that atrocious parking. It was a really hot day, I was 8m pg & pushing an 18mo in a pram so I was pretty cheesed off. He seemed like he felt really sorry for me so I think he would have done something if he could...

ETA yes that job would have sucked, no one ever wants too be issued a fine eh? I'll bet you have some stories to tell from it!
    It depends on the car park. Disabled spots can be fined anywhere. If it is a government owned carpark, council and police (mainly council) can issue infringements. When it comes to privately owned car parks, many have an agreement where they are treated as local council property for the purpose of parking enforcement, so council issue fines, and revenue is divided between the two organisations.

If the SC doesn't have an agreement, there isn't much he can do, however they can issue letters to the registered owner. Some even place giant brightly coloured stickers on the window, they are impossible to remove! I would prefer a fine!

I am always super nice to parking officers now. That job was so terrible, I REALLY earned that overtime money! Never again!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    At least you're honest.

I was cranky this morning (as I tend to be on 4 hours sleep) as whenever PT gets mentioned it's seen as being too hard, or too unreliable, or the kids are unmanageable. Lots of reasons.

But the more kids travel on it the better behaved they get. We travel off peak once or twice a week and the kids love it. Do I love it? Not really but I want my kids to learn it's a part of life. Coming from inner city Melbourne it's my background so I'm more prepared to make it work.

Drive if you want. But don't complain about parking that's just something you have to accept as an inevitable pita.
    I have been meaniNg to take Ds oN a train as I think he would lOve it.

When I was living in the US a few years ago I was on a bus that took a turn too fast and tipPed oVer. Noone was hurt but I have a pretty big bus phobia since.

Unfortunately it is only buses in my area!!! Sorry know you didn't post that to me but i just weirdly felt the need to justify why I don't use public transport to go shopping lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't begin to fathom catching a bus to do my groceries. Two small children, many heavy bags, and no pram. That's one nightmarish walk home from the bus stop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    It's ok to complain about parking, just like It's ok to complain about public transport when something goes wrong!
    Yep it is... Geez

living in the country we don't have public transport nor do we have issues with parking at shopping centres because there isn't one so its all good but when we head into the city.... It drives us crazy!
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 07-03-2013 at 22:50.