+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Are you sure about that? If the carpark is their property, I'd say they're free to impose whatever rules they like.
    That's true, the shopping centre has no authority at all. I once mentioned to the security guard that a 50ish year old lady had parked her little yaris across TWO pwp spaces, smack bang on the separating line. He said there was nothing he could do about it, they have no authority to enforce them. I don't even know if a parking ticket officer can enforce fines in pwp spots. I assume that disabled spots in shopping centres are subject to the same rules as out on the street but I have never seen a parking officer in a shopping centre.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummakat View Post
    Maybe they are just trying to scare us but yep..my local shopping center..a.big one.. Says that there are fines
    Yeah loads say that but they can't enforce it.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It seems that it's complicated...

Only the government can issue a "fine", but private car parks do have terms and conditions and can argue that users have breached them.

http://www.legalaid.nsw.gov.au/publi...ayment-notices

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    That's true, the shopping centre has no authority at all. I once mentioned to the security guard that a 50ish year old lady had parked her little yaris across TWO pwp spaces, smack bang on the separating line. He said there was nothing he could do about it, they have no authority to enforce them. I don't even know if a parking ticket officer can enforce fines in pwp spots. I assume that disabled spots in shopping centres are subject to the same rules as out on the street but I have never seen a parking officer in a shopping centre.
    Depending on the car park. If it is "public" ie government owned, or is "private" but has an agreement with a local council (they normally have signs up stating that council manage it), a fine can be issued for not parking wholly in one parking spot. I forget the actual law part and offence code though.

I used to be a council ranger, we did overtime shifts with the parking patrol team. Worst. Job. Ever.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Pretty sure they can fine/towaway. You will notice that in offices etc they say staff parking only. Highly annoying when people park in staff parks, even if they think of them as a 'courtesy' thing, but yeah they can tow them if need be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    All parking enforcement or police officers can write disabled tickets in any centre though, as long as they are official spots.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using BubHub

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by risfaerie View Post
    All parking enforcement or police officers can write disabled tickets in any centre though, as long as they are official spots.
    Also, I believe, anything that is deemed unsafe, eg obstructing ambulance access.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

risfaerie  (07-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I haven't seen them referred to as parents with prams parking, but an image of a pram or just called parents parking. I honestly always just presumed they were for 'parents' with children. The only time I ever felt the need to use one was while I was pregnant TBH as the walk was too long for me when I just needed to duck in for a few minutes. I was never harrassed thankfully. If the owners of the shops want it to be specifically for parents with 'prams' I think they need to be a bit more specific "park for parents with prams ONLY".

There are generally so few at my local shops, I leave them to those who need it. I could use the exercise.

The only time I get annoyed is when people park in my staff park at work. I shouldn't have to pay for parking when it is already in my wage/contract that I have a park so technically I pay for that park so others shouldn't be parking in 'staff parking only'... I just block them in, then they have to come in to ask me to move so I can ask them why did they park there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Goodness that person had too much time of their hands to leave a note such as that. Regardless if a child was walking the parent had a pram so what does it matter.

Personally I think of those parking spaces as being for parents with young children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    What about people catch more public transport??
    Good on you if public transport works for you but being squished up like sardines, the time waiting around doesn't suit me, the smelly people and the list goes on. I can't think of anything worse! I caught 2 trains to work for years because there was no parking at work and wouldn't do it again. i like the comfort of my own car on visits to the city these days.