+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummakat View Post
    I think that note was probably left by a mum who was having one of those days..could nt find a spot, saw this person who had a child older than hers go into it and had a wobble. Our local shops have the pwp signs but on them they also say cars without child restrains will be find x about of dollars..so to me that means if your child is still in a car seat you have every right to park there. I do it if its the only spot I can find and my son is almost three..but I won't park in one if I know ill be coming back to the car without him (if going home with grandma instead) as I'm scared of ppl thinking I've parked there without a child. Also, I think once they go to school you probably shouldn't be parking there
    Just sayin' your local shops has no authority to fine anyone as its not actually illegal to park there as opposed to dosabled parks where its actually against the law to park there

Pwp are purely a courtesy park

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PuppyGuts For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (07-03-2013)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppyGuts View Post
    Just sayin' your local shops has no authority to fine anyone as its not actually illegal to park there as opposed to dosabled parks where its actually against the law to park there
    Are you sure about that? If the carpark is their property, I'd say they're free to impose whatever rules they like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    The only time in my entire life I have used them was when I was pregnant. I don't think I ever used them when I took the stroller.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Where are these wider parks?! I've parked in PWP spots in several cities over many years and never encountered one...
    I never saw any wider ones in Canberra, but have definitely seen PWP parks wider in Sydney and Brisbane.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

lambjam  (07-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think the ones here in SA are wider and also closer to the shops so little children aren't needing to walk through the carpark.

When I was a baby, and mum visited the shops, there wouldn't have been even half of the amount of cars in the carpark and nowhere near as many large/powerful cars. I think it's like comparing apples with oranges.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-03-2013),lambjam  (07-03-2013),SugarSkull  (07-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use these parks all the time and my son is seven years old can walk ,but is almost blind ,you wouldn't think so looking at him we can't get a acrod sticker to park in disabled parking because being almost blind isn't bad enough to be able to park in disabled parking and I won't risk my sons life haveing to park far away from entrance to shop so will park in a parents with pram park and god help any one who tells me off for doing so .

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mummyof9kids For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-03-2013),jellybeanicecream  (08-03-2013),LoveLivesHere  (07-03-2013)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyof9kids View Post
    we can't get a acrod sticker to park in disabled parking because being almost blind isn't bad enough to be able to park in disabled parking

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-03-2013),LoveLivesHere  (07-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Where are these wider parks?! I've parked in PWP spots in several cities over many years and never encountered one...
    Ive come across a few at ahooping centers on the gold coast, but not many!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

lambjam  (07-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Yes of course my post was directly speaking to you.
    Chill love. I wasn't attacking you or being defensive, I was just trying to point out why public transport wasn't an option for everyone.

Sent from my U8860 using BubHub

16. The Following User Says Thank You to trustno1 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppyGuts View Post

Pwp are purely a courtesy park

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Maybe they are just trying to scare us but yep..my local shopping center..a.big one.. Says that there are fines

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mummakat For This Useful Post:

kw123  (07-03-2013)