+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSS View Post
    All the way off?!? Really?
    No guys there is no exaggerating re this child cutting his finger off. Ds1 came home from school telling me that master L had cut his finger off with his dads fishing knife and it was very bad. I noted his hand was bandaged when dropping ds at school the next day and asked what happened in which master L replied "i cut my finger off" I didn't think much of it until a few months later when master L's mum actually explained the extent of the incident when they were over having a play date and afternoon tea. Master L's finger was hanging by the tendons and master L simply sliced through cutting his finger off. Anyway just an update. Ds had a play over at master L's place yesterday after school. I had this unsettling feeling all arvo because of master L's history. Today he has had quite an attitude particularly being nasty to his little brother but that behaviour is subsiding after having a talk with ds1 this morning. Then after discussions with dh this morning who is away at work atm we decided we won't allow ds to have playdates with this kid anymore. I am hoping if I ignore the requests for play dates long enough they will stop.
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 09-03-2013 at 13:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    The cutting finger off thing is very disturbing. Was it able to be saved/ stitched on again?? He sounds like a little boy with a lot of psychological issues.

On the basis of what you've said, I wouldn't let my child play with him.
    yes the finger was able to be saved but with restricted movement.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would have thought cutting a finger off one handed rather hard for a 4 year old, particularly sawing through the bone etc

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    I would have thought cutting a finger off one handed rather hard for a 4 year old, particularly sawing through the bone etc
    I imagine it would be physically difficult. Perhaps the initial cut was accidental? Then in shock he cut off the remainder?

My first thought was that he might have pain perception issues. Or have I watched too much House?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    He had a friend with him at the time so not sure if perhaps he had a helping hand but those fishing knives are very very sharp and they aren't your average ordinary knife, I don't think it would have been difficult to slice through particularly a 4yr olds small finger.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    I imagine it would be physically difficult. Perhaps the initial cut was accidental? Then in shock he cut off the remainder?

My first thought was that he might have pain perception issues. Or have I watched too much House?
    yes I think pain perception issues too. This child is so hard faced and serious it's scary. He has never smiled, never says hello or anything. The look I got yesterday from him when ds was dropped home and they couldn't open the front gate and I went to the rescue was frightening! And when he slammed ds's fingers in the bedroom door that time which i think was an accident but it quite possibly wasn't! Well when ds was screaming in pain the kid was expressionless, I explained that he had hurt ds and he didn't seem to care or it didn't register, not sure but this kid has serious issues somewhere that's for sure. It had been some time since the boys had had play dates prior to these last few but I felt I had to trial it to see if the child's behaviours had changed at all but nope, they haven't and while the mum knows her child has a naughty streak, that's obvious because she always asks how he was and the look on her face tells me she has expected him to be have been naughty but its beyond naughty all this behaviour. I'm not even sure why ds is friends with him, when I ask him he says he's my friend at school. Perhaps he is ok at school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes it's all sort of like it could just be an accident, like any kids could have an accident with a door , I think my son wouldn't know what to do But he would definitely be upset about it, ie not expressionless . But I imagine lots of kids from fear or confusion etc might not react the 'right' way ie apology