+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I actually took the finger bit with a grain of salt

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    I actually took the finger bit with a grain of salt
    Because we don't know the context?

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    NO WAY IN HELL would I let my children play with a child like that.

No Way.

I would say NO WAY- I cannot understand why you let your son play with him at school, I would be going to the school and telling them that you do not want your son playing with that child, and that they need to be kept apart!

Wow... just wow. That child needs help. professional help.

I wouldn't have finished the play date either. I would have called the parent and said "Please come collect your child. Their behaviour is not appropriate for my house."

ETA: And I'm not talking about the finger thing- as I am not so sure I believe that. But just the door slamming finger thing and the dog/puppy thing. That is enough to be unwelcome in my home if you ask me!
    Last edited by OJandMe; 08-03-2013 at 23:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Holy heck!! He cut his finger off?!? What the!!!

I'm petrified of this child and I don't know him :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    So this child cut his finger completely off.... deliberately.... at 5 yo?? I suspect KG that your son's friend is telling him porkies.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (08-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    So this child cut his finger completely off.... deliberately.... at 5 yo?? I suspect KG that your son's friend is telling him porkies.
    Yes.... someone is exaggerating I think.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

delirium  (08-03-2013),Lauzy83  (09-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the way off?!? Really?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My children have friends that are parented different. I let them associate at my home only. It actually is a huge burden to have them over as the mum loves to drop and run and its 3 wild boys who nag for whatever they want. But I also sound out the rules (my kids are a little older 7-11) of the games they are allowed to play how long they play computer. I don't let them out in the street to ride without supervision. Etc etc. I do it as it is just a matter of different parenting styles and family rules. The kids have understood that there are different rules for different families. It's just that my boys really enjoy their company. Also don't know about the finger thing, sounds extreme and I would be wary but depends on where you heard the story from, was it first hand or exaggerated gossip. I would also talk about how we want to be treated and if someone does not treat us nicely like jamb our fingers in the door purposely, then we would not be close friends and hang around each other but we will always be polite.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be VERY curious to see if he acted in the same way if you had his mother come over for afternoon tea while they played or something.. don't have kids of my own, but cutting a finger off!? Swearing? Scary movies? From what i've seen through The 5 yo twins i coach, arent they supposed to be innocent and sweet ???? :S makes me seriously wonder what the parents are like with him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd has a few I dnt like her hanging around as they just aren't nice and don't speak nicely she's only 4.5 yrs old and to have her come home saying miss T said I'm an idiot and she hates me was very hard I can't believe how early this bullying stuff happens as a parent your put in a hard situation as your not there at time to supervise and can't say much or stop your child from playing with their friends all we can does be the best mum we can tour kids be there for them and keep reminding them why they should be them and no one else and if anyone is nasty walk away or talk to teacher I really wanted to tell the mum a friend of mine from mothers group to teach her child nice words and to stop her from being nasty to my dd but really that can start wars,..
    My sil has two kids who I love but she again parents so differently he is allowed to do whatever he wants he pretty much rules them and her lol girl is following so when they come over I'm never able to relaxe his either being nasty to my son or dog throwing toys around spitting jumping on lounge/bed being rude and disrespectful and all I do is constantly eagle watch and say no dnt do that I've managed to avoid as many catch ups as I can as sil doesn't care and we have since things where there place he destroys all there stuff why does it make it right to allow your child to be disrespectful everywhere?

It's hard as we have rules and my kids seem to be happy abiding them but hard when they get Introuble for something and he isn't..
    I feel like I have to keep telling her dnt let him do that etc etc etc its making me not want to do anything together especially at my house now I'm preg with bub #3 ill be even more stressed if they come around..
    As much as I love them its more of a nightmare then enjoyment to spend with them..
    We took kids to macas for tea tonight first time in a month I've gone out with her and he spat sprayed biscuit crumbs everywhere got in kids faces was going up to his mum saying I punch you he puts his hands around her neck like a strangling action pushes etc she allows this but threatens him and follows through so if you can picture this it's very hard being around when your kids look and wonder why his allowed and there not.