+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    OP first of all there is no way I'd be having play dates with his kid ever again. He sounds very disturbed. Whilst that isn't his fault, I think removing my child as far away from this kid as I could.

And yes I have friends of my DD I really don't like. Nothing to the severity that you have described though!

Sent from my iPhone :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this isn't the point of the thread but Id actually make a mandated report (anonymously if you prefer). The finger cutting off incident suggests something is seriously not right at home! And yes keep him away from your DS

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MinnieMouse81 For This Useful Post:

Raising Leprechauns  (08-03-2013),twotrunks  (06-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnieMouse81 View Post
    I know this isn't the point of the thread but Id actually make a mandated report (anonymously if you prefer). The finger cutting off incident suggests something is seriously not right at home! And yes keep him away from your DS
    Definitely second this idea!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VanityFey For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (08-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm certain my son will one day become the subject of one of these threads :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    I'm certain my son will one day become the subject of one of these threads :/
    Oh . It is diffucult. So far this boys behaviour hasn't impacted on ds's behaviour which is why I have allowed the odd play date. Ds has been to this boys twice in a year so this will be e second time. I have made many excuses not to have a playdate though. I have explained to ds that if his behaviour was to change because of his friends bad behaviour play dates will cease. He does realise this child is naughty. The mother of this child is the 2IC of the daycare centre and her ds2 goes there with my ds2. The father works away for extended periods and ds1 has literally grown up in the daycare centre so not sure if his behaviour is due to lack of attention by the parents, I just don't know. It is disturbing though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully it is an unappealing phase he is going through. I know my daughter has had some friends who have been very offputting with brattiness and one up man ship (our car is newer than yours, etc). I guess the swearing and movies I'd brush off but physical harm is another thing :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son goes to daycare almost full time and I've no doubt it does impact on behaviour. They are playing with the schoolies and in a hectic environment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    W.T.F? He cut his finger off
    I would not let this kid near mine, he sounds disturbed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    My son goes to daycare almost full time and I've no doubt it does impact on behaviour. They are playing with the schoolies and in a hectic environment.
    My ds1 went to daycare since he was 9mths old but he never had behaviour such as this. My ds2 is also at daycare and the same, his behaviour is fine. I haven't seen a big change in their behaviour because they go to daycare.
    I am thinking it may be more that his mum is looking after other kids all day and he just sort of has had to share her and how much time she has for her own kids when she gets them home from daycare I am unsure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There was a boy at our playgroup who was like that. When he was 4, he punched my daughter, who was 2 at the time, in the face. Hard. And then he laughed about it. I witnessed the incident, and spoke to his mum. She laughed too, and then said "boys will be boys", no punishment, nothing. My poor little girl had a bruise and a fat lip from the punch. She also had a daughter the same age as dd, and she was rude, uncontrollable and violent also.
    It worries me, what happens at home that makes kids behave like this? Dd is now 4, she has never punched someone! If she did, I would be mortified! She would be in mega trouble too, I don't condone violence.
    Thankfully they left playgroup.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using BubHub