+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default we need a surrogate...what now?

Hi Ladies
    I am hoping for some advice. DH and I have just been told we will need a surrogate to have a child. After 6 years and many many many IVF attempts this seems a little scary. We have unexplained infertility. Whilst I have always had other options such as surrogacy and adoption in the back of my mind, DH seems blindsided by this.
    My questions are...
    Where do we start?
    How do we ask somebody and who would make a good surrogate?
    How can i help DH deal with this info? Do I need to give him time to process it before I start asking people?
    Did you feel jealous of the surrogate being able to carry and you not?
    Did it work for you?
    How much did it cost?
    How many transfers did it take?

Thank you

Poppy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bumping for the night time bunch. Anyone??

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    Sorry I don't know much about surrogacy, but I'm on the Egg Donation Australia Forum and there are a few woman who know a fair bit, and currently undertaking surrogacy. It is very friendly and informative. I would recommend joining

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much, i will have a look

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had both our bubs through surrogacy, I thought I would feel jealous, but I didn't, mainly because we did it in India so we didn't have a close relationship with our surrogates. Give your hubby time, mine was appalled when I first suggested surrogacy in USA, then India. Now he thanks me for persisting because we have these amazing little ones in our lives.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi PoppyLoppy

Out of interest, have you tried donor eggs? I ask because I have had 6 IVF cycles and 1 frozen cycle. We haven't tried an egg donor yet and we were told we wouldn't be able to do surrogacy unless we tried donor eggs first and because I still have a uterus (that doesn't work) we more than likely still wouldn't be able to do surrogacy?

Any help would be appreciated

Shazil

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your replies.

Shazil- we have had DNA testing on our embryos so we know they are normal. FS said we could have a problem with the eggs that is untestable but that would be extremely rare. Is that a state requirement to try donor eggs first? What state are you in?

Poppy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey we are from NSW and have the same laws regarding commercial surrogacy and we used surrogacy in Thailand was simple and very quick. State law may ban it however federal law have no issues with it at all, getting bubs passport and citizenship was easy and Oz embassy in Thailand help us through it all.

Email me for more info Cohentobias@hotmail.com