Welcome to Bub Hub
Welcome to our online support community! Before you get started, please take a minute to read what we are about. Some of our 100,000+ members have put together the Spirit of Bubhub Constitution, which encapsulates it all!
Spirit of Bubhub Constitution
This is a safe, respectful environment to give and receive support and information from others who have had similar experiences. We’re also making friends and having debates, expanding minds, socialising, venting, and procrastinating about doing housework.
The perfect analogy: we’re a woman! We have our ups and downs, and moods, but we’ve matured over time. This forum acts like a sister with the way we can disagree, support, care for, and laugh amongst ourselves – and every other interaction we can think of – and still come back tomorrow.
For regular, committed members, there are VIP sections as reward for posting so often. There’s the VIP Trading section (to trade items between members), and the Marketplace (where you can advertise your business) which become available one you have 300 posts, and a couple of other VIP sections that aren’t talked about in open forum; they become available after a certain number of posts too. Also, the more you post, the more love and adoration you get from other members, and who doesn’t want that?
We also ask you to take a few minutes to:
The RulesOur rules are simple - please have a read through as we will ask you to respect them and abide by them.
- read our rules (below)
- check out our How To section for tips and guides to using the forum - here
Please post in the Spirit of Bubhub
That means not:
No Advertising or promotion
- making rude, insulting or attacking comments to or about other members either in posts or private messages – What constitutes insulting/offensive comments (link)
- posting comments considered offensive by the community at large
- revealing personal information about another member (past or present) that they wouldn’t want generally known (malicious gossip)
- being deceitful or creating fake personas purely to mislead people
- posting contentious or deliberately argumentative posts purely for your own entertainment (known as ‘flaming’ or ‘trolling’)
That means not:
If you would like to promote a business service to your viewers, please view our advertising options page.
- advertising websites or business services (in which you have an interest) in any way shape or form, including:
o text or links in your signature, username or avatar
o sending promotional/advertising personal messages
o advertising in posts (including party plan, Tupperware businesses, self-promotion, etc.)
- attempting to buy/sell goods except in the official trading area
We understand that you are happy to recommend services and products to each other and that’s okay, but promoting a service or product when you have a business or family / friend interest in that service or product is not okay.
We respectfully request that members don’t include the following in posts or personal messages:
- the condoning of illegal activity
- links to:
o websites which could be considered competitor websites to Bubhub
o online competitions, polls, or elections that are not part of the Bubhub website or from which you or a family or friend personally gain.
o any site at which members receive financial (or other) rewards for referring friends.
o any material that could be potentially offensive and or graphic (this includes links to jokes or YouTube)
o eBay stores- the moderating team simply do not have time to work out if it is YOUR business or not.
o general eBay auctions (the only exception to this rule are e-bay auctions that our members might find interesting or different e.g. funny/ abstract items up for auction.)
o Facebook business pages- the moderators simply do not know who owns what page, so please refrain from linking directly to a Facebook business wall.
- continual complaining about moderation decisions on the forum
- “Too much information” – e.g. extremely inappropriate graphical discussion
- repeated ticker infringements – Ticker specifications [link to “how to” note]
- repeated signature infringements – Signature specifications [link to “how to” note]
These unacceptable infringements will not be limited to actions taken on Bubhub. For example: if you defame Bubhub in print, online, television, on Facebook, etc., or continue to cyber-bully, or stalk a member on other mediums, we can remove your access to the Bubhub forum.
- cyber bullying (extreme bullying, stalking, harassment, etc.)
- malicious actions that are intended to damage or impact negatively on Bubhub’s business.
Please note that there is a difference between feedback and genuine complaints, as opposed to downright insults and bad comments for your own entertainment, and the latter will not be accepted. This pertains to general posting style, including contacting moderators.
Rules for new registrants
New registrants who appear to have joined solely for the purposes of any of the following behaviours will be banned instantly. The ban will not expire. Bans will not be reversed unless there are extreme extenuating circumstances:
If you don’t agree with our rules and think you’ll struggle to stick to them, then maybe we are not the forum for you!
- previously banned member re-joining under a different username
- discussing illegal activity
- advertising or promotion (via posts, signatures, personal messages, usernames, etc.) If you would like to promote a business service to your viewers, please view our advertising options page [link]
- deceitful posting (pretending to be somebody you aren’t)
- posting purely to denigrate a particular business, service, product or medical practitioner
- posting hateful comments (e.g. racist, offensive comments, etc.)
- spam posting
- troll – i.e. somebody who joins purely for the purpose of posting contentious posts for their own entertainment
- registration IP address is recorded on spammer databases and similar tools
What happens if I break these rules?
If you break the rules (deliberately or not), our moderating team will make a decision on the action to take. This could mean a polite email from a moderator, an official warning, or infraction points.
Infraction points are like green, yellow and red cards in sport. You accrue points for certain misdemeanours. If you accomplish the difficult task of accumulating 10 infraction points, your forum membership will be revoked.
Infraction points do expire after a set time. The points and expiry period are:
Not posting in the Spirit of Bubhub - 4 points - expire after 12 months
Unapproved advertising or promotion - 2 points - expire after 6 months
Minor infringements - 2 points - expire after 6 months
Unacceptable infringements - total ban - no expiration
For more information on how infractions work, please read this How To Tip [link]
If you are banned, that means you will have accrued 10 points or more in less than a year. In this case, your banning will be PERMANENT and the timeframe for when points expire will become irrelevant. We feel that if you have broken the rules enough times to be banned, you will have received more than enough warning to change your behaviour before being banned, and therefore continuing to break the rules is completely unacceptable, and your access to the forum would be removed indefinitely.
Permanent bans will only be reversed if there are extreme extenuating circumstances.
What happens if I think somebody else has broken the rules?
If you see a post somewhere around the forum that you don't like or is against the rules - spam, advertising, insulting comments, etc. - you should report it so that the moderators know.
(include image showing report button)
Please don't retaliate in the thread, report the post that offends you and let the moderators handle the situation
Here's how to report a post. [link]
The Bubhub Community Forum is moderated by a group of volunteer members. The Forum Moderators donate their time to ensure that the forum remains polite and friendly, free of advertising, and that forum issues are sorted efficiently.
Please appreciate that the moderators may not always be available to answer questions due to their own work/family responsibilities. If you do contact a moderator, please allow them a reasonable and fair amount of time to respond.
If you need to contact our office urgently, please see our Contact Us page.