+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I never thought about making a decision to stop the decision to start was so much easier i too look forward to the future without ivf but for now I'm not there just trying to find closure from ttc
    Last edited by miffy25; 07-03-2013 at 12:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Miffy it most definately is such a hard decision, I have a beautiful DS to IVF & would have loved to have given him a sibling however after 7 Stimson & 3 FETS I have given up, I can't say I'm totally at ease with the decision but I do enjoy the freedom of not going through the roller coaster ride.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lochnessie For This Useful Post:

miffy25  (04-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Same sort of age as you, and so far after lots of 'perfect' embryos nothing has stuck. My last 2 frosties go back in soon.
    I have tried every drug known and had all the procedures to check the oven. I now accept that if these 2 don't take then IVF with my eggs is over.

However I am not willing to give up, I want the dream.

I am going to use donor eggs to chase my dream if these last 2 frosties fail me.
    I didn't think it would be an option as I don't have a sister or any young/ willing relations, all my friends are my age so their eggs are old too. Most ladies find a donor fairly quickly (often a few months) on an Aussie forum I go to, which surprised me and has renewed my hope using donor eggs.

If anyone wants information about donor eggs feel free to PM me.

Fortitude

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fortitude For This Useful Post:

miffy25  (04-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear what u r going through. It is very painful. I to am experiencing the thoughts of not continuing. I have gone throygh 4 antagonist cycles this year and found out just b4 Xmas the fourth was a complete failure. We haven't been able to freeze any eggs and am desperate for answers from someone. The year before we did 2 iui. I'v just turned 35 and made an appointment with a new doctor and center. But still am unsure as I feel alone with no answers. I know you might not want to hear, but love the one you have. People say even if you have 1 the feelings of wanting are the same, but, I beg to differ. Imagine life without your litle angel. How would you feel now? Lots if hugs to you. I know it is hard and painful and scary.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Baby prayers For This Useful Post:

miffy25  (04-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am returning to update this thread
    we did go on to have one more cycle that was fraught with issues again and no pregnancy

So since June 2013 I have stepped off the IVF bandwagon with that has come a myriad of emotions and changes in our lives

some good some bad but it it's still a process that I'm dealing with

i am accepting the family we are and enjoying the time as I don't want to waste it thinking of what If one more time

six years is a long time to dedicate to IVF so it was time to move on to other things
    at 43 I am starting to get more time to myself as my child is 4 yrs

there is no right time to end this journey it is a process of decisions and situations that form your day to day life I was sick of it being so foremost in my life

it it is my right time
    i am not quite at peace with it but I'm getting there

I wish everyone their peace on the journey of ending IVF
    I am grateful that IVF gave me a child