+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default It's that time of year again...

All forms of social media are being flooded with requests to vote someone's baby for the Bonds search.

Does the baby whose parent has managed to spam the most to gain votes actually win? Or is it just a way to draw attention to the 'competition' and little meidocre Johnny with 328925 votes(because his Mum was the biggest pest and not because the world think he's the cutest baby ever) never actually had a chance?

I haven't and won't vote, but I'm curious.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (06-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Pretty sure there's one winner which is the "voted for" winner, and the rest are chosen by bonds themselves.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (06-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yep im getting heap! and im one that will vote for my friends not the one that I think is the "cutest" as my little boys are the cutest lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    Pretty sure there's one winner which is the "voted for" winner, and the rest are chosen by bonds themselves.
    Does that child do modelling or just win free stuff?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love that the site crashed due to all the traffic on the first day and you look at the Bonds facebook page and there are hundreds of angry people complaining they can't vote for their child... yet it was probably their spamming on their facebook that added to all the traffic, the site couldn't cope :P I saw one lady posting the link on her page every hour... and the days before she would post every hour or so saying "Only 1 day to go!" for the week leading up to it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Does that child do modelling or just win free stuff?

Not sure. I entered my daughter this year for the first year ever, but am not asking people for votes, just thought I'd see if Bonds noticed her. Was a bit bored that day and figured why not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I entered my son a couple of years ago on the spur of the moment but won't ever do it again. I can't stomach the way that some of the mothers carry on from the comments I've read on the Facebook page - just so very snarky and ultra-competitive. The whole 'people's vote' thing is just unfortunately encouraging that type of negative behavior. It should just be a bit of fun but it sickens me when parents constantly promote their kids - whether it be in a competition like this or not. We all think our kids are the best, that's a given! I reckon they should just leave the voting up to Bonds.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bitterpure For This Useful Post:

jellybeanicecream  (06-03-2013),SoThisIsLove  (06-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Funny u way that bitterpure I entered my son this year as a bit of fun (c'mon I don't need a competition to tell me I have a cute son lol in my eyes anyway) and after everything already I regret doing it and won't be doing it again

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah, I don't like these modelling competitions where the public vote.

It basically comes down to how many people you know who have spare time on their hands to repeatedly vote, not necessary the cutest child!

I'd rather see Bonds just chose all the finalists.

I remember a friend of mine entered a modelling contest for a mens magazine. You could literally just repeatedly press the 'vote' button. You could progressively see where each entrant was ranking. Let's just say it was evident that the top ten ladies weren't all there for their outstanding hotness

Thanks
    Reviews
    I put in an entry, but haven't thought on it again since and don't plan to, so it won't affect me at all unless bonds pick her picture, and if they don't I won't even notice coz by then I'll have forgotten all about it