+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    Both times I had my 20 week scan the sonographes told me up front that they refer to all babies as "him" so not to take any notice of it and if we specifically wanted to know the gender we should ask. Both babies were girls by the way.
    This

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes! We went to one of those fun scans for my first pregnancy. Even though we told the lady it was a surprise she have it away in the first 5mins! She then tried to completely cover it up but she was a very bad liar. We still went on thinking she just said "he" because she always calls babys that apparently but ....Ds was born a few weeks later. I guess they are so use to people finding out. This time it was a complete surprise and we made sure of it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think that most sonographers say he.. Even if baby isn't a boy. I had a scan at 6 weeks, 10 weeks & 12 weeks with DS and they kept saying he... Even though they didn't know the sex.
    I had a scan at 7.5 weeks this time around and again, they kept saying he.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    Both times I had my 20 week scan the sonographes told me up front that they refer to all babies as "him" so not to take any notice of it and if we specifically wanted to know the gender we should ask. Both babies were girls by the way.
    What she said!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We did not want to know the gender and it was always made clear that this was our preference during scans.

Not once did any sonographer ruin the surprise for us.

We would have been really p!ssed off they did!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpe diem 2013 View Post
    What a bish!!!
    Totally! I was pi$$ed for quite a while. In some ways though I truly did get a surprise but not her place to play games like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sonography was saying "he" even though she said 70% chance a girl (this was only 13 wks). Just think about baby books and even adverts that refer to babies of both sex as just he or just she.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KassMeow For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (06-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    My sonographer always says 'bub', bub is measuring this length or there is bub's foot etc. Much safer on all accounts.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (05-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We requested to know the gender but even before they looked the sonographer was referring to bub as 'he' so I guess they just use it generically rather than say "it".

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DarcyJ For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (06-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    my OB done my scans every appointment and I would always say we don't want to know! And he was always including my ds who was 5 at the time as he was my OB for him too. As we were walking out, OB in conversation to ds said are u excited about having a baby brother? And I'm like - Ahhhhh what!!!! And then he was like Ohhhh ummm or a baby sister!!! This was 5 days before I was due to have him! ! Waited that whole time!! Didn't tell dh though