+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feel like the worst mum EVER!

Oh my I cannot believe what I am hearing .... My two year old is walking around saying S!$T and F!@$ing as I just had a heated arguement with my DH and only said these words once!

I never ever swear, I really don't. We live in a quite household and no one uses foul language except for tonight I was so angry and just said it and look what happened ... I feel like a bad mum, I hope to the heavens above she forgets these words

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't feel bad darling some times we say things in the heat of the moment just make sure you tell the little one that they can't say those words

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You're not a Bad parent for that! But I wouldn't say anything to your little one about the words, don't aknowlege it at all. I made the mistake with my first Ds, even negative attention is attention. As soon as I didn't bat an eye about it, he stopped saying the bad word and has never said it again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Being in early childhood educator for 11 years, I have learnt that the best way for parents to deal with things like this is to ignore the behaviour. Don't make a big deal of the words and your little one will soon forget. Having a big talk about it or getting upset will create attention (and we all know how attention - positive of negative is gobbled up by children). Don't beat yourself up, s**t happens . Everyone lets things slip in the heat of the moment. I'm sure your a great mum!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JAG242 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (05-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumsrulz View Post
    Oh my I cannot believe what I am hearing .... My two year old is walking around saying S!$T and F!@$ing as I just had a heated arguement with my DH and only said these words once!

I never ever swear, I really don't. We live in a quite household and no one uses foul language except for tonight I was so angry and just said it and look what happened ... I feel like a bad mum, I hope to the heavens above she forgets these words
    Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit! I've never heard of a worse mum.

At least you didn't chuckle in front of your LO after he said such atrocities.... Or did you?