+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Aspergers Syndrome

A dear friend of mine may be facing this diagnosis with her child, and I vaguely remember reading a thread ages ago where a list of strengths for this syndrome was posted...

Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and where to find it? It was so positive, and I thought it might encourage her a little

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tell her to contact Asperger Services Australia. They are really good with helping people through diagnosis and planning for the future

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Aspies are amazing!

An AS diagnosis is not the end of the world. For us it was a huge relief! I resent peoples pity when they learn my DD is an Aspie. There is nothing "wrong" with her. She is just "different" to most kids. Yes, it can be challenging, frustrating, exhausting, but mostly she just makes me so proud i could burst

Usually, i explain to people that its like living with a little Sheldon Cooper (Big Bang Theory) or Temperance Brennan (Bones). My DD, like most Aspies, is incredibly intelligent, but brutally honest and ignorant to social graces.

I just did a quick google search and found this -
    http://theotherside.wordpress.com/my...ie-advantages/

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steel magnolia For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (10-03-2013),jellybub  (10-03-2013)