+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hummingbird1 View Post
    I'm about 6 weeks now & I'm worried about progesterone levels also. I actually had to ask my GP to test for it even though he said its not relevant. I can't understand why it's not relevant though?? He is adamant that HCG is the only thing that matters. At 7dpo my progesterone was 48 (I didn't know I was pregnant then) but now at 27 dpo my progesterone is 37.5. Is that low for 6 weeks? Is it normal for it to rise after ovulation & then drop again before rising when ur pregnant. What is the minimum level it should be at for 6 weeks? The fact that mine has dropped from 48 to 37.5 in 3 weeks worries me. Is it a bad sign?

I'm stressing out so much as its my first pregnancy & first ever BFP so I wanted to get extra tests for peace of mind. And now I'm stressing over the results. I haven't had any bleeding & my first ob appointment isn't until 8-9 weeks but I'm worried if levels are not right it might be too late by then

My GP didn't even discuss the results with me, just said they are irrelevant I'm finding it hard to cope with all this stress & not knowing how to interpret my results
    Hay hummingbird

Sorry your feeling so stressed out. If i were you i would go get another opinion from a different doctor. My Doctor is adament that without enough progesterone a healthy pregnancy cannot continue (the placenta starts to make the progesterone at around 10/11 weeks i think but until then you need to be rpoducing enough yourself.)
    Also as far as i can tell some doctors know alot about this and others are completely clueless. This is my 4th baby and my 7th pregnancy and the first time anyone has mentioned it, I had never used this doctor before.

Also, are you in Australia? From what i can gather they use a different scale to measure in America? So my original levels of 52 would have been about 14 in america (i think you divide by 3.7, someone correct me if i am worng about this) and my doctor said he would be happy for me to be over 90 at around 8 weeks pregnant (that would be 24 in america). Also as far as i know it is better to start the progesterone as soon as possible if you need it, my starting at 8 weeks was somewhat late (my fault as i didn't have the tests done until then) and i think my doctor wasn't holding out much hope.

Hope this info helps even just a little bit, in short definately get another opionion from someone who knows about progestrone in pregnancy!!

Good luck let me know how you get on xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ozziemum. Yeah I am in Australia so they were Australian measurements.

I'm going to get another blood test tomorrow to check the levels, fx everything comes back ok. I will let u know how I go!

Thanks so much got ur help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad your getting retested, hope you get good results, fingers crossed for you xx