+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I see what your saying op. you went to the track when no one else was there so there was no risk to other kids on bmx bikes so people can't push that issue.
    I grew up with motor bikes and I rode on the school oval. It was wrong and we had the ranger called on us heaps and we would ride off. Your daughter is 4 and not on a loud bike tearing up the soil so I see no issue.
    U will always have some people get on their high horse about it and call the police tho.
    I now like in a new estate and we have motorbikes riding around the blocks that aren't built on yet through the bushes and who cares!! I'm sure that's illegal but I don't mind it at all. But then my neighbour next door might hate it. So everyone is different.
    If I saw ur 4yo riding I would be jealous cuz I can't wait for my 1yo boy to be old enough to have his own bike!

Just try find somewhere more secluded. Or if someone near u has a big property as if u can go in and let your daughter ride there.. I wouldn't mind if I had a bush property!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Agree with the other girls..

Slightly off topic but you can get training wheels for motorbikes?! That's awesome! We live on land and I wanted to get DD a bike was she would need training wheels so I was looking into a quad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, I agree with others. It wasn't a very good idea to ride in those places. Most schools are private property so you would be trespassing and like you said it's a BMX track not a motorbike track.

Perhaps the person who called didn't actually know the age of your child but were sick of everyone not using the facilities correctly and worried your child could get injured.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry OP, at first I thought how ridiculous but I can see what everyone else is saying. She might only be four and on a little quiet motorbike but then imagine if teens and adults started riding there on full sized bikes as well? Just try to make a fun day of going to the bigger track when you can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~BEXTER~ View Post
    Agree with the other girls..

Slightly off topic but you can get training wheels for motorbikes?! That's awesome! We live on land and I wanted to get DD a bike was she would need training wheels so I was looking into a quad.
    Off topic but just wanted to say that you can get training wheels but they can be dangerous, we looked at Quads but after doing some reasearch we found quads had so many more risks than a bike. They roll very easily. My son was six when he got his bike and didn't use training wheels, he actually found it easier to ride his motorbike as the momentum helps keep them upright.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jax Tellers Old Lady For This Useful Post:

~BEXTER~  (11-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax Tellers Old Lady View Post
    Off topic but just wanted to say that you can get training wheels but they can be dangerous, we looked at Quads but after doing some reasearch we found quads had so many more risks than a bike. They roll very easily. My son was six when he got his bike and didn't use training wheels, he actually found it easier to ride his motorbike as the momentum helps keep them upright.
    I agree about quad bikes they aren't great at all. My son has been riding since he was 3 with training wheels and he's almost ready to take them off (now 5 and a half). He's quite good on his bike now they are heaps of fun!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

~BEXTER~  (11-04-2013)