+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I understand the school oval. That is no big issue. DP and I completely understand that and we left the property.

The police officer never once said what we were doing on the BMX track was illegal. I am sure if what we were doing was illegal he would say so and ask for us not to return.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    But it's a BMX track, not a motorbike track? Why would you think it's your right to ride a motorbike on it?

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (05-03-2013),Busy-Bee  (05-03-2013),Gandalf  (06-03-2013),Lauzy83  (11-04-2013),wannawannabe  (05-03-2013)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would think that given the police officer asked you to leave, riding a motorbike there IS illegal. He's essentially just told you that if you come back another day, he'll look the other way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it seems odd to buy that kind of present for your DD without having a suitable place to ride it.

As for the BMX track, isn't that for non motorized bikes? It's probably easier to make a blanket rule that no one can ride them on there instead of putting age limits in place which would be near impossible to enforce I would imagine.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Curby For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (11-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    most bmx tracks have a sign expressly forbidding any motorised vehicles. Motorised vehicles need to be ridden on private property.

They were not reporting your child, they were reporting you.

The noise of those things can carry a long way.

Sorry OP, you should not have bought the bike if you don't have anywhere for her to ride it.

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Missemzy View Post
    I understand the school oval. That is no big issue. DP and I completely understand that and we left the property.

The police officer never once said what we were doing on the BMX track was illegal. I am sure if what we were doing was illegal he would say so and ask for us not to return.
    Would you be ok if your child was riding on a box track and some one came and starting using the track it's a moto bike ? I'm not being argumentative but the thing is thy have to implement these rules so that everyone is safe, I am all for moto bikes teaching to ride properly in the correct areas needs to start at a young age.

is your husband or you a member of a moto x club ? Of so maybe see where the jr club is once your a member there you ca take her up there to practice when ever you like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Motorbikes aren't allowed on BMX tracks. Obviously your daughter wasn't being a hoon or doing any damage, but ther person who called the police I imagine was just looking out for the best interest of the people who use the BMX track for it's correct purpose. Probably didn't even notice the rider was a 4 year old. I'd leave it be and find a better place to teach her to ride

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your comments everyone.

All good! We'll just find somewhere better. The place we normally go riding as said previously is a 2.5 hour drive away so not suitable during the week.

But we'll keep searching!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd call the police. When my DD was about 4 months old we went for a swim at our local lake. I had my DD lying on a towel while I got changed next to her. A family of 5 with kids ranging from about 3 to 8 turned up on their quads and motorbikes and a boy of about 6 rode at full speed on his incredibly noisy, oversized bike past us less than half a metre away from my daughter on her towel, showering her with dirt. She screamed in absolute terror and didn't stop shaking for almost an hour afterwards. The boys parents didn't react at all and I was too shaken and teary (which is completely unlike me) to say anything. It makes me feel sick even writing about it now nearly two years later. For the next 6 months my, otherwise fearless, daughter would become inconsolable if she heard a motorbike, even in the distance.

My point is that motorized bikes have no place in public places which are not designed for them. You don't always know who you're impacting on and in your instance someone was obviously badly enough effected to call the cops, which I don't imagine anyone does lightly.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wrena For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Muffet  (11-04-2013),LoveLivesHere  (11-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldn't call the police but I also wouldn't take my child to a BMX track on a motorbike. Our son has a peewee 50 and we take him to motorcross parks. We drive 2 hrs but its worth it for a day out. Like previous posters have said, I think they were dobbing you in and not your child. I look at it like this, I wouldn't take my sons BMX to a motorcross track so why would I take his motorbike to a BMX track. There are plenty of safe places to ride which are legal.